New toy to join the cobra

cobra2547

Established Member
upload_2018-2-22_5-31-49.png

Actually bought it late last year. 69 Camaro with z28 badges. 350 with heads and cam th400 12 bolt rear. Cobra is just about done with mods (dare I say) so I bought another money pit to mod. Already bought a wildwood big brake kit, tremec 5 speed conversion, 18 forgestar f14s and for now just drop coils for the front and drop leafs for the rear. Maybe next year i'll do a complete ridetech suspension.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice. Cobra is just about done with mods. You are hilarious.
I know, right? When are Terminator mods EVER really really done. :D

I wasn't expecting to see a '69 Camaro. It looks really nice. Did the previous owner just do Z/28 badging or did they also do the interior, etc. Nice ride! And nice plans for it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Beautiful! I'm a fan of the Forgestar F14's, but I personally would keep that style wheel if they made any to fit your big brake kit. Looking forward to updates!

cobra2547

Established Member
I will definitely post updated pictures. I’m afraid the drop coils and leafs won’t give it the stance I’m looking for. If not I’ll do coilovers next winter. As for the cobra it was the first problem free year I had. I blew 2 forged motors with under 5k for no reason. Last winter I switch to the Holley efi and so far so good. Didn’t spend a dime on it this winter so I spent it on the camaro instead.

R1Lello

Established Member
69 Z28 - my opinion, the best looking muscle car ever. Right shape and right size - overall # 1 Gm should have copied it from the get-go when deciding to bring out a retro.

CSG

Established Member
I bought a 69 myself last year. DSE sub and quadralink is at the terminal ready for me to pick them up!

cobra2547

Established Member
Oh boy bringing an old thread back to life lol. Car is on the next stage of mods. First stage looks like this.
IMG_4075.jpeg

Tremec 5 speed, Mild 350, wilwood brakes, drop coils and leafs and wheels and tires.
Stage 2 is in the works includes 540 big block fuel injected, full ridetech suspension, 9 in rear and mini tub.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve never been able to like the larger diameter wheels on classics.

My own ignorant opinion aside, the car looks pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread