New TVS owner!!!

b_dike

Established Member
Well I finally did it... Brand new gen2 TVS, 3" upper only, 60lb inj, vmp bap, vmp3000 maf, and a Lfp sbtb. Thought I'd keep it simple to start with. At least, till I can afford to go return/ e85. So for now I just needed enough power to beat a particular friend of mine with an antique kb2.2 :poke: which I did. All in good fun of course.

Lsxkilr in Bonner Springs did the tune. Unfortunately I had to remove my 100mm idler to run a 3.0" pulley. So we were getting massive belt slip at 5k. I've since replaced it with a 90, but I haven't been back for final #'s.

The #'s with belt slip... 535 @ 5500rpm / 545tq @ 4000rpm
Also I should note that their dyno reads like a mustang dyno, and my tuner said that on that trajectory on the graph, he expects to see 560ish @ 6500rpm.

Not sure where that lands me on a dynojet, but the cobra I beat made 580rwhp. Only had a car length on him from 60 - 120... He's also in a vert. So I'm thinking we are making almost identical power.

Just thought I share, and add that I love the blower. Super easy install, and the best looking blower out the bunch!

Thanks to all the vmp guys for all your hard work and design. It really shows up in the final product... :beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the new found power!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How can that 3" pulley be hitting on the 100mm? I have plenty of room. Maybe it's the auxiliary bracket that you are running? I've heard billetflow had two designs. I have metco.

Blueline

Established Member
Congrats! Same here, 100mm snub with a 3.0 upper. Its your bracket, you may have an older design.

Heres mine:
c5dc1631-db78-4168-8d12-09039c1f98da.jpg

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
I have a link to a pic so you guys take take a look. Technically it wasn't hitting, but I had less than .020 of a gap. Just too close for comfort. Not sure if its an older designed bracket or not. Probably is, it was on the car when I bought it.

bigmoose

Established Member
I have the latest billetflow idlers and pulley. I have very little room with my 2.93 and 100mm idler. The gap is small enough where its tough to fit the belt through.

Woody6799

Established Member
I have the steeda bracket with 100mm idler and a 3" on my tvs... no issues here either. Def your bracket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on your new TVS setup. You'll enjoy it long term. So are you going to replace your current bracket in order to go back to a 100mm idler, or are you going to just stay with your 90mm.

b_dike

Established Member
Congrats on your new TVS setup. You'll enjoy it long term. So are you going to replace your current bracket in order to go back to a 100mm idler, or are you going to just stay with your 90mm.

Thanks, I'm just going to keep the 90mm. No reason not to at this point.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Its the bracket as others have said. The LFPs, and metco's don't have a problem but the newer billetflows won't clear with a 3.0 and 100mm combo.

I run the Billetflow as it gets me better belt wrap with my 2.5-2.6 pulleys. When I go with a lower I'll just jump to the 3.0 and a 90mm idler.

Users who are viewing this thread