New Video and Pics of the Mystic!

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Took the Mystic out for some fun today, and put together a video, and some pics of my new mats, trunk mat, license plate frame, and tint! 22% around.

Take it easy on the comments for the video. I've never done one in my life!

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Also took off the Bassani o/r X-pipe and put on the MAC o/r H-pipe. SCREW these X-pipes, they are for the f'n birds!

I would never recommend putting one of these on a car, but hey, it's for sale! :)

61d5fcc6.jpg

d3c6ffb2.jpg

80eecac3.jpg

Immortal LuD

Established Member
I was too embarrassed to drive around with the X. Couldn't go over 2,000RPM without the car sounding like a pissed off import.

I couldn't stand it. It only sounded good when you really hit on it, and got it up above 4,000RPM, but I don't drive like that all of the time.

I would NEVER, EVER install an X-pipe on my Mustangs. I'm sure with the right catback system, they can sound pretty mean, but no way on this car!

Spacers, I know I know. I don't know if I'm going to stick with these wheels or not. They've grown on me, but I still want some stock '96 wheels. :(

I've never bought, seen, installed, or used spacers in my life. so they're kind of new to me. I might check them out, but I don't mind the look. Keeps crap from flinging all over my car!

yellow98stang

Established Member
sounds too hollow, you have flowmasters?

i love the sound of 96-98 cobras with an offroad xpipe and some straight through mufflers, put it back on and get a new catback or mufflers, you'll make a little better power too...

car looks great by the way, love 96 mystics...blows the new mystichrome out of the water!

Last edited:

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Nice car bro. But put that X-PIPE back on and get rid of the muffs and get some magnapacks.

Immortal LuD

Established Member
You're from Daytona? I have never seen your car around. It sure is beautiful.

Yeah, probably because it's too new. ;) I've had a 2003 Torch Red Mach 1 for a few years. I work at Best Buy, and always have my cars parked out there by Barnes & Noble.

As for the catback, Flowturds / Turdmasters. I don't like any other exhaust except for MAC. The cost of a catback was too much. The midpipe was only $169, and now the car sounds about the best that it can get without dumping long tubes, etc...

I will eventually get the MAC catback, but that won't be for a bit.

The midpipes on our cars don't fit the 96-98 GT, but the catbacks do. I believe they're only for the 4V's. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
:bowdown: very clean ride bro!!! that is one of the best 96 mystics ive ever seen:beer: yeah +2 on the wheel spacers but if you like it stick with it.

IShb3w

Established Member
i love my custom xpipe on my 4v mach, one of these days ill make a video. is your car running the x or the h in that video?

Predatorbird

Established Member
Very clean ride, I like that color a lot.

Trust me an x-pipe sounds good with Mac exhaust. :rockon:

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Yeah, probably because it's too new. ;) I've had a 2003 Torch Red Mach 1 for a few years. I work at Best Buy, and always have my cars parked out there by Barnes & Noble.

As for the catback, Flowturds / Turdmasters. I don't like any other exhaust except for MAC. The cost of a catback was too much. The midpipe was only $169, and now the car sounds about the best that it can get without dumping long tubes, etc...

I will eventually get the MAC catback, but that won't be for a bit.

The midpipes on our cars don't fit the 96-98 GT, but the catbacks do. I believe they're only for the 4V's. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Makes total sense. I've def. seen that Mach 1 there before. My friend Jeremy works customer service there. Has a '95 GT and a 675 Daytona.

If you want an x-pipe to sound really good, put some dumps on it. Mine has a BBK x-pipe and dumped Dynomax Race Bullets. It's not necessarily quiet in any sense though.....

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Yeah, I'm friends with Jeremy. I also worked with his Brother back when he worked there. I've always followed his mods on his atlantic blue 5.0. I know he put 4.10's and a cam in there, and it sounds like a beast. ;)

If you're ever around, stop on by!

Thanks for the comments guys!

stangpower96

Established Member
Well a bassani is not really a x-pipe anyways..They are way too raspy down low..If you had a true x pipe it would sound alot better..Same way with the bbk crosspipe.. Just a oversized h box not a x pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread