New wheels and no Side exhaust.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Just got car running again, changed motor, rear springs rate, and wheels. Should get on dyno before the end of the weekend to see how it works. Sounds good, I used Borla Cobra exhaust cut off and dumped after the IRS.
E44frDL.jpg

g1Vp0KN.jpg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Make sure you have turndowns on those dumps so they aren't going to heat the fuel cell or rear diff. You can actually get fuel hot enough to expand and boil out of a tank with dumps.....not that I would know.

Tom

Saleenrose

Established Member
Look Close and you will see, Out on the edge of the cell.
O5dByMw.jpg

were you the guy at Miller in 07 that the cell caught fire? I was there in the other 2000r and I also had the 93r.

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
Also looking for a couple more guys for a track event in Central Oregon at ORP. April 5th. Any Interest? Getting 48lb injector tomorrow and looking to dyno Thursday night or Friday.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Car looks good with those wheels! Never seen them before, care to share specs on them? What did you do for headers on your new motor, or are you still running factory pieces on it?

Saleenrose

Established Member
Wheels are TSW, 18 x 10.5 rear and 18 x 9 front, 315 30 18 nt01's, 275 35 18 front. The headers are still stock. I hope injectors are in today and to dyno latter. I did open up the header port, it really did not fit this head either. Hope Long Tubes Will Be Made, if not I will just get them made this fall. I ran out of time and need the car done for the april 5th date.

flattrack53

Established Member
Did you run into any clearance issues with running the 315's? Did you have to roll the fenders?

Saleenrose

Established Member
Working on as we speak, Rear wheels took a 1/2 spacer, I have 3" studs so OK, Hub centric Spacers, I am going to cut fender lip. I dont know if it will rub but I dont what to find out. On street no rub but track car sure squats in corners. I did go with 700lb rear springs and loosened sway bar. Wiring Rear Diff Cooler, It ruined my T2 Diff so Now I am running a stock 03 Cobra Diff.

flattrack53

Established Member
I can't even imagine how close that would be to the fender lip. Your 315-30-18 nt01's are 1.20" wider than my 295-35-18's haha. What is the width of the wheel you have?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Working on as we speak, Rear wheels took a 1/2 spacer, I have 3" studs so OK, Hub centric Spacers, I am going to cut fender lip. I dont know if it will rub but I dont what to find out. On street no rub but track car sure squats in corners. I did go with 700lb rear springs and loosened sway bar. Wiring Rear Diff Cooler, It ruined my T2 Diff so Now I am running a stock 03 Cobra Diff.

Brent:

I've found the Torsen T2-R is the best damn diff for road racing EVAR!!! This is the single most reliable piece of equipment on my car, period. Without a doubt.

But a diff cooler is mandatory. We are currently working on putting together a diff cooler kit and will have it available on our site real soon.

If you have not resealed your fuel cell I suggest you do it. Mine started leaking when the car was about 5 years old and we found almost all of the fuel cell access bolts were loose. I do not know for sure, but I suspect that may possibly have been the cause of Joe's fire. FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have no fuel cell issues, you must really look at were the exhaust exits and you will see it does not come close to the cell, unlike most of these cars I have used the car since 04, I drive it allot and refuel often, required at the 5 mpg rate I get on the track. I installed MM rear diff cooler and I had a extra rear diff out of a 03 cobra so I just did it. I have spent plenty this spring on the car so the new Diff(Again) just was not at the top. New engine need Headers bad, so that will be next. Going to first open track of the year April 5th so after that I have another month. Brakes on the car are going to have to work then I can get more pads, I still have the spare rotors from last year. So far this year I have changed Springs, Engine, Trans, Shifter, Wheels and Bigger Tires, Suspension mods like chassis stiffeners, Both race seats, Air Bag delete. Seems as if time has alluded me, I must go as it is now. Oh Ya, Rear Diff and Gears, Cooler.

67bigblock

Established Member
I can't even imagine how close that would be to the fender lip. Your 315-30-18 nt01's are 1.20" wider than my 295-35-18's haha. What is the width of the wheel you have?

I have 315/30 rear and 285/30 front on CCW's.
Flying Fred used the size.
Can't recall if lip is rolled.
I'll take a looky one of these days.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
My wheels are CCW 18”x11” front and back and running continental race tires 305/640. I also have the KB rear K-member with the hard mounts. I did have a little rubbing in NASCAR turn 4 at charlotte for the 50th. We fixed it with a spacer and folding the back part of the wheel well. Never had any rubbing before, I guess the high banking puts a lot more load on the suspension.
Gary.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Rolled fender lip, upped rear spring rate to 700lb coil overs and softened rear sway bar, car handled great just wish it ran as good as it handled, I think the compression is higher than I wanted, I am going to test with better fuel. I have some bugs to work out but the tires did not touch anything. Bruce, with the wider rears the Cobra posi seemed to do good. I will switch back this winter but I had this posi and just went for it, money tree was looking as if it was mid winter some had to water it and wait for it to grow.
h5XggPC.jpg

47IjLj0.jpg

Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
I sent ARH a email last night and I am going to call them in a few hours. Hopefully they respond.

Users who are viewing this thread