New wheels in

triple-s

Established Member
Went from 17 inch weld ventura to 20x10 weld laguna 6 drag. Next step is to wrap the truck I'm thinking matte army green or matte sand. So far in the 2 months I've owned it I have put a ported boss intake custom ram air, long tube headers 3 inch mid pipe, circle d torq converter and tuned on e85. Thinking about going with a Whipple or roush blower was considering vortech but their kit didn't impress me those numbers we're super low.

Attachments

• 20230304_095516.jpg
    20230304_095516.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20230304_095835.jpg
    20230304_095835.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230128_073615.jpg
    20230128_073615.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 89

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the two tone. The 20" wheels fit with the red/black combo. Super clean and looks custom. Reminds me of the two tone Typhoon's back in the day.

Id say go Whipple as they make a shit ton of power but the facebook groups keep showing guys blowing engines up even with the stock Whipple tune. Think ive seen 10-15 within the last month or two. Alot are placing it down to the factory catalysts clogging up? Some are upgrading to headers/mid-pipes to get high flow cats or removing them to see if it helps or not.

triple-s

Established Member
Yeah I've heard the same thing. My tuner told me what ever I go with before he tunes it for me to remove the cat's. But to find off road mid pipes is impossible to find now.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the two tone. The 20" wheels fit with the red/black combo. Super clean and looks custom. Reminds me of the two tone Typhoon's back in the day.

Id say go Whipple as they make a shit ton of power but the facebook groups keep showing guys blowing engines up even with the stock Whipple tune. Think ive seen 10-15 within the last month or two. Alot are placing it down to the factory catalysts clogging up? Some are upgrading to headers/mid-pipes to get high flow cats or removing them to see if it helps or not.
Well wasn’t expecting to see that, wonder what changed… seems like now ya kinda have to do headers and mid pipe with different cats

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Well wasn’t expecting to see that, wonder what changed… seems like now ya kinda have to do headers and mid pipe with different cats
I was surprised to see it also.

The people that had headers/mid-pipes w/ or w/o cats didnt seem to have issues at all. Only those with factory items in place with the Whipple and either a Whipple tune or custom tune were the ones having issues. So not directly related to the blower itself or the person tuning it.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member

I spun a bearing in my 13gt after I put a vmp 2.3 supercharger on. It turned out that I had a melted catalytic converter. It ruined everything except the supercharger. Since then no more catalytic converters!

Users who are viewing this thread