New Wheels on the DD - Question

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
What is the best store bought way to coat or seal wheels ensuring they stay clean and looking good for several years? These are on my DD so I don’t want to pay for ceramic coating. Any advice is appreciated

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Use something like this: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating

Wash them very good, barrels too. Clay the exterior of them if you can. Use the above or similar every few months and you will be good to go. Easiest way to protect wheels/calipers IMO.

You are not going to get several years out of anything. Even a top tier coating will 'only' get you about a year and change. Wheels are a harsh environment for any LSP to last in. Heat, brake dust, etc.

Hope this helps ya!

(what kinda hoops you get?)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brad, you're in Colorado so there's the winter driving harshness as well. Scott is spot on, of course. Year round use of those wheels is going to be a challenge if you're looking to keep them pristine for several years.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member

Wash them very good, barrels too. Clay the exterior of them if you can. Use the above or similar every few months and you will be good to go. Easiest way to protect wheels/calipers IMO.

You are not going to get several years out of anything. Even a top tier coating will 'only' get you about a year and change. Wheels are a harsh environment for any LSP to last in. Heat, brake dust, etc.

Hope this helps ya!

Just an inexpensive set of Liquid Metal Shadows in black and 18x8’s on my silver 2013 Infiniti M37X.
39303e9e2ccce4991ac54c5269efda42.png

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member

Hope this helps ya!

Just an inexpensive set of Liquid Metal Shadows in black and 18x8’s on my silver 2013 Infiniti M37X.

7ea1212821ca3ab1c8dabce53c227f27.png

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
OK, good deal. Keep us posted! Continue with that regiment and your wheel/paint maintenance will be much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread