NEW Whipple Gen 5 3.0L for the 2007-2014 GT500 is almost here!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here's the first exclusive look at the all new Gen 5 3.0L Supercharger Kit from Whipple Superchargers! We expect to have these available around the holidays.

These kits will include a 123mm cold air intake kit and the all new 150mm Whipple throttle body. Can't wait to see these things in action.

In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to give us a shout.

www.lethalperformance.com

561-753-8105

74328748_2740009146030433_2693687442329829376_o%201_zpszygh5pii.jpg

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Well, wasn't the GEN5 supposed to have the newer style of inverted intercooler? The picture here is the same old style, in that case what the differences between gen 5 and 4?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well, wasn't the GEN5 supposed to have the newer style of inverted intercooler? The picture here is the same old style, in that case what the differences between gen 5 and 4?
The GT500 kits aren't inverted like the Coyote kits. They will still use the factory intercooler/manifold and look pretty much identical to the picture above. It all comes down to having the newest 3.0L rotor technology, new rotor housing, pressure ratio, massive inlet and 150mm throttle body option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT500 kits aren't inverted like the Coyote kits. They will still use the factory intercooler/manifold and look pretty much identical to the picture above. It all comes down to having the newest 3.0L rotor technology, new rotor housing, pressure ratio, massive inlet and 150mm throttle body option.

Thanks!
I'm excited to see some real world numbers on a 13/14 GT500.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Thanks!
Im wondering if that means this may have a proprietary bolt pattern for the throttle body?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Upgrade to regular Gen 3: Whipple Gen 5 3.0 vs Gen3R?
Lethal:
How much better than 1050rwhp and 9.55 quarter (maxed Gen 3 TVS2650) is this Whipple?
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lethal:
How much better than 1050rwhp and 9.55 quarter (maxed Gen 3 TVS2650) is this Whipple?
-J
Will be interesting to see how they compare directly. Would love to see if this 3.0 rotor pack makes a bit more punch mid range than the 2.9. Apparently fits under the stock hood too.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lethal:
-J

I would bet ~100 hp over yours.

Max effort 18+ coyotes are seeing close to 1200whp.

Different platform obviously, but the airflow is there.

It’s a bad ass blower.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lethal:
-J
We're not quite sure yet as the blower is just starting to be tested on a few cars. I'm sure it's going to be a great performer. Just need to wait for some of them to be run on cars and we'll start seeing some results.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We're not quite sure yet as the blower is just starting to be tested on a few cars. I'm sure it's going to be a great performer. Just need to wait for some of them to be run on cars and we'll start seeing some results.
I understand.
I’m Scott Hasty’s good friend (he builds his GT in my garage, new wheels look sick BTW), and he’s on me to join team Whipple.
My point is I just ran 9.55 with a 6-speed in True Street trim (NMCA Norwalk 9.80 avg) at 4070# and made 1045rwhp with a regular Gen 3 TVS.
Would be cool to see this new blower tested at Mod Nats on a proven 6-speed street car like mine versus auto swapped cars.
I was thinking straight swap blowers, no other changes, and see how much that 9.55 drops at Mod Nats.
Very few other cars able to provide a test like that!
Look forward to seeing the new blower results.
@Justin@VMP feels the 3R would make a significant upgrade over the regular Gen 3 I have.
The problem is I see a bunch of dyno queen You toobers, but who is really taking a heavy street GT500 to the strip and rowing gears to good times....
I’ve offered to independently validate either blower on the dyno and the track.
Here’s to good weather at Mod Nats!
-J

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I understand.
I’m Scott Hasty’s good friend (he builds his GT in my garage, new wheels look sick BTW), and he’s on me to join team Whipple.
My point is I just ran 9.55 with a 6-speed in True Street trim (NMCA Norwalk 9.80 avg) at 4070# and made 1045rwhp with a regular Gen 3 TVS.
Would be cool to see this new blower tested at Mod Nats on a proven 6-speed street car like mine versus auto swapped cars.
I was thinking straight swap blowers, no other changes, and see how much that 9.55 drops at Mod Nats.
Very few other cars able to provide a test like that!
Look forward to seeing the new blower results.
@Justin@VMP feels the 3R would make a significant upgrade over the regular Gen 3 I have.
The problem is I see a bunch of dyno queen You toobers, but who is really taking a heavy street GT500 to the strip and rowing gears to good times....
I’ve offered to independently validate either blower on the dyno and the track.
Here’s to good weather at Mod Nats!
-J
Scott's car is pretty bad ass and those new wheels sure look great. Looking forward to seeing some more racing from him shortly. As to the Gen 5 there's a few cars receiving kits to test on both the Cobra and GT500 side which will be at Mod Nats. I'm not sure if Whipple has plans of sending any other kits out other than what they've sent out for testing already.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Scott's car is pretty bad ass and those new wheels sure look great. Looking forward to seeing some more racing from him shortly. As to the Gen 5 there's a few cars receiving kits to test on both the Cobra and GT500 side which will be at Mod Nats. I'm not sure if Whipple has plans of sending any other kits out other than what they've sent out for testing already.
Thanks Jared. I may just forget the race this year and come out stronger next year. I’ve had a trans input shaft failure and was going to go big for mod Nats with the new trans and upgraded blower. Maybe just better to skip Mod Nats and do Bradenton. Any idea if the 4.0 or any larger Whipple will get the Gen 5 rotors?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread