New Year Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG0h3

Established Member
I usually don’t make New Years resolutions or any of that.

It just so happens that I sold an investment property last month and closed on the 30th.

Investing in real estate right now is ridiculous so I’m thinking of taking the leap into a franchise.

Anybody else got anything going or planned for this year?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
It's going to be a busy year. We have plans to set up a sawmill, build a cottage out of state with said sawmill, do a 78 4×4 body swap on to a late model frame and drive train. Build a 3million dollar compound for a client and a 3/4 mil. Addition in town. Can't wait to look back on this thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
It's going to be a busy year. We have plans to set up a sawmill, build a cottage out of state with said sawmill, do a 78 4×4 body swap on to a late model frame and drive train. Build a 3million dollar compound for a client and a 3/4 mil. Addition in town. Can't wait to look back on this thread.

You’re in the construction field?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My goal is to live as long as Betty White and have at least half the class she had.

Other than that, I hope to be back in the race car this year after a 2 year layoff due to track closure from a fake pandemic and complicated by machine shop chaos.

Aeneas137

Established Member
Was just talking with my kids about this. I'm going to enjoy life more even if it costs $ which I tend to not spend. Going to every track weekend (NASA NorCal) and doing the extra Laguna Seca plus dabbling in SoCal tracks. I want to buy a small RV and car trailer so I can camp at the track. I want to finish my 350Z build and pick up a Mustang GT (selling my GT500). Then I'm going to refill my emergency savings which I dipped into a bit last year.

I caught Covid in Dec and it was the most miserable and painful illness I've ever experienced, even worse than gall bladder failure. I def did not have one of the light strains. That MFer wanted to kill me. I didn't eat for 2 weeks, lost 15 lbs, couldn't keep anything down. I even threw up pain pills. but finally recovered. Life is so short and I'm turning 50 in a few days.

Adower

Established Member
Really push to max out our investments.
1/ max out 401k -20.5k
2/ max out 457b -20.5k
3/ put at least 5k into our vanguard fund
4/ go big for our birthdays. Usually the wife and i dgaf but we promised to celebrate the 10 year ones. Will be 40 this year.
5/ go to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary

I really want to get a investment property but the s&p500 returned 28% this year so I’m going to hold the course there

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
2022 goals are

1. Gain 30-40 lbs. (I’m under weight for my height)
2. Get my side business to 1M in revenue
3. Quit my job if side business takes off
4. Buy a house if the market ****s off

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to:

1.) Finish the ‘66 Stingray restoration
2.) Survive a swimming pool installation
3.) Determine when I can retire, based on items above.

quad

Established Member
I want to:

1. Finish Yellowstone Season 4
2. Watch Six Feet Under
3. Watch Breaking Bad

IA Shelby

Established Member
I bought a lake house and a boat this past month.

1. Learn how to pilot a boat without crashing into my lift station.

2. Learn how to fish.

3. Hopefully get my Ford Bronco that was reserved in July 2020 and I am still waiting on….

4. Renovate my garage at the lake house with floors, cabinets, lights, etc…

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm hoping the wife's career will be a little more stable this year. If it is I just want to spend time doing more things and using my toys more. We're looking at getting a side by side for the winter months since we already have the boat for summer months.

And I'm looking forward to Mustang Week in July. It's looking like I'll be able to put some faces to names.

Blown 89

Established Member
Just hoping to get my shit together. Divorce and single parenthood wrecked my life both personally and professionally. I put everything I had left into being a father and now that the divorce is done I need to get organized and start kicking ass again. The panic over Covid is making everything infinitely worse at work so I'll most likely close up shop in 2022 and go find someone to work for.

Zemedici

Established Member
- In the process of starting 2 businesses, both wildly different

- Go on as many trips as possible, life's too short to work all the ****ing time

- Gain Weight (I'm under weight for my height by a shit ton)

- Get healthier habits, lose unhealthy ones

- put more money in savings

- try like hell to get into a car with wifey sometime this year

Great thread idea @MG0h3 - what franchise you thinking? Wifey and I thought about that, but typically the capital needed, without immediate ROI, and needing full time attention, just didnt make sense

MG0h3

Established Member
Just hoping to get my shit together. Divorce and single parenthood wrecked my life both personally and professionally. I put everything I had left into being a father and now that the divorce is done I need to get organized and start kicking ass again. The panic over Covid is making everything infinitely worse at work so I'll most likely close up shop in 2022 and go find someone to work for.

Hang in there man.

Zemedici

Established Member

hang in there brother, night is always darkest just before the dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread