Newb question about data logging

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
So I'm going to need to data log with me x4 and my Innovate DLG-1/LC-2 dual wideband. I've not totally sure how to hook this up. I've read and if I'm reading right this is what I need to do.

Buy a SCT firewire cable (orange and red), then I hook it up to the yellow wires on the DLG-1 and the LC-2. What about the analog ground wires on the firewire cable (blue/green)? Then the x4 needs the usb to computer, and OBD on the car and that should work correctly right?

GodStang

Established Member
I thought the X4 you plug into OBD and datalog. Then when you get back home you can hook yo a computer and bring down datalog info.

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Yes I believe you can. Just from what I've read it's way easier if you use the computer depending on what pid's you need selected. But I need to have my wideband connected to it some how, just a little confused as to how that is wired in.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah he's trying to datalog a/f for his tuner. You need to find the sheet that tells you WHICH FireWire wires you splice into your wideband wires. I have it and will look for it

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Yeah he's trying to datalog a/f for his tuner. You need to find the sheet that tells you WHICH FireWire wires you splice into your wideband wires. I have it and will look for it
Yeah the DLG manual says to use the Yellow wires from the DLG-1 and LC-2 for the analog inputs. Then I bought the SCT firewire that says the analog inputs are Orange and red.

Thank you. I think this confused me more. Now I'm not sure if I have to set some special parameter in the x4 for the innovate wideband...

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Did you figure it out? I didn't write down what I did. This is what I have
AD1E818E-918A-482E-8FF3-736B98A675D4.jpeg
53702EE3-D6D8-492F-8351-4C4AD818A207.jpeg

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Thanks I haven't yet. I Think it's fairly straight forward. From the innovate manual I take the yellow wires and hook to the SCT firewire orange and red, then I take the black and go to a common ground. I'm about 99% sure this is what I need to do. However, now I'm not sure what the voltage formula in the SCT needs to be set at.

I've email Innovate to see if they can tell me what I need to do with it.

EDIT:
Must of overlooked this in the manual but it does say this. So maybe this will get me what I need.

Factory Programmed Default: The analog output by default is programmed to output between 0V at 7.35 AFR to 5.0V at 22.39 AFR

Last edited:

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
So if I'm reading all this right the equations in the SCT would be the following (V*3.008)+7.35) correct?

If the innovate is 0V = 7.35 and 5V = 22.39
(0*3.008)+7.35 = 7.35
(5*3.008)+7.35 = 22.39

Does that look like I'm on the right track with this?

01blckcobra

Established Member
So if I'm reading all this right the equations in the SCT would be the following (V*3.008)+7.35) correct?

If the innovate is 0V = 7.35 and 5V = 22.39
(0*3.008)+7.35 = 7.35
(5*3.008)+7.35 = 22.39

Does that look like I'm on the right track with this?
Correct, It will read A/F in the datalog. Ex. (14.63) Need a different formula if you want lambda. Also will the to adjust for voltage offset, innovate manual is pretty striaght forwards. Also I've ran into wire color not matching. Use a multimeter to confirm correct pinout

innovate website has all the info you need for setting voltage offset and installing the cable for wideband. pinout just look up xcal2 on their website.

Last edited:

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member

01blckcobra

Established Member
no worries, it all good. I actually have mine tied with the lc-2 ground. tested with a dvm. only had a .02v offset. Haven't had any issues.

Striker4891

Can you only data log 2 inputs at once with the firewire? I've got a Livewire TS+ with the 6p firewire and I want to data log oil pressure, fuel pressure, wideband, and my eboost2 controller all at once. Am I missing something or is there a way to add more inputs?

Users who are viewing this thread