newer daily driver

89boostingirl

Established Member
supra was a money pit and didn't make a good daily driver so i picked up something newer and fun a couple months ago.i wanted something that i could play with that was reliable with awd so i got this 05 volvo s60r 6 speed. has 300hp and does mid 13's and has 4 piston brakes with 13 1/2 brake rotors so stopping is no problem, hope you guys like it.
2165D0431_2.jpg

2165D0431.jpg

2165D0431_6.jpg

2165D0431_4.jpg

IMG00205.jpg

89boostingirl

Established Member
oh yes it is i beat a couple and last friday i beat a newer gto also. i wanted a s4 but they have to many issues
its a quick car
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Evo-9-vs-S60R_137661.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Evo-9-vs-S60R_137661.htm[/ame]

Last edited:

vulture

Established Member
Very nice car . Ive heard of alot of issues with those also . Electrical in nature . STI killer? Stock for stock , id give it to the suby due to weight and a quick spooling stock turbo. But its always a drivers race.
congrats.

89boostingirl

Established Member
my model was 44,000 but i got it used with 30,000 miles on it and grabbed it for 24.000. i wondered how good it was in the snow so i looked it up after seeing this video i had no worries about getting to work lol [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLNLzubeXrs]YouTube - Audi S4 vs. Volvo S60R[/ame]

Impulse922

Established Member
very nice car...

but it is not a "STi Killer".

+1 and i own an s60 also.

oh yes it is i beat a couple and last friday i beat a newer gto also. i wanted a s4 but they have to many issues
its a quick car
Evo 9 vs. S60R - Video

if you think an s4 has issues, wait until you pay $2k+ to get the angle gear(transfercase gear) replaced. Symtoms will be front wheel spin and torque steer.

Very nice car . Ive heard of alot of issues with those also . Electrical in nature . STI killer? Stock for stock , id give it to the suby due to weight and a quick spooling stock turbo. But its always a drivers race.
congrats.

electrical issues? not really. just drivetrain issues. The 2.5L(only in Rs and 2.5Ts) has thin cylinder walls and like to do the split at a little over 400 bhp. The 2.3 and 2.4L turbos in the t5s dont.

The clutches dont take abuse well at ALL. Then there is that puny haldex rear diff, it likes to overheat on track days.

I bet on a hot day the R could barely stand its own with a new v6 camry.

STi 0-60 = 4.7 seconds
S60R 0-60 = 5.5 seconds

yeah, this is true. Then you have the weight stats. They both make about the same bhp, BUT the R weighs around 3600lbs(understating).

I hate to knock it, i love your car don't get me wrong, but you can't claim a car that puts down 225-250awhp can beat a 325whp(maybe more) ls2.

join swedespeed and get some mods to back up your mouth.

you can quote this whole post on swedespeed too, but make sure you link this thread there too.

rotors are 13" and the car usually runs high 13s

Last edited:

89boostingirl

Established Member
+1 and i own an s60 also.

if you think an s4 has issues, wait until you pay $2k+ to get the angle gear(transfercase gear) replaced. Symtoms will be front wheel spin and torque steer.

electrical issues? not really. just drivetrain issues. The 2.5L(only in Rs and 2.5Ts) has thin cylinder walls and like to do the split at a little over 400 bhp. The 2.3 and 2.4L turbos in the t5s dont.

The clutches dont take abuse well at ALL. Then there is that puny haldex rear diff, it likes to overheat on track days.

I bet on a hot day the R could barely stand its own with a new v6 camry.

yeah, this is true. Then you have the weight stats. They both make about the same bhp, BUT the R weighs around 3600lbs(understating).

I hate to knock it, i love your car don't get me wrong, but you can't claim a car that puts down 225-250awhp can beat a 325whp(maybe more) ls2.

join swedespeed and get some mods to back up your mouth.

you can quote this whole post on swedespeed too, but make sure you link this thread there too.

rotors are 13" and the car usually runs high 13s
not talking shit i did beat the gto the race was from a dig and there was 3 people on this website that saw the race,they were shocked.i dont care to much for the sti thats why the plate is on there in the first place. does the volvo service contract cover that 2k part?

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
nice car, a friend of mine had one for lease and got rid of it early because he didn't like it. He now has a TL and likes the car much more.

The Volvo's suspension is not great, the stiffest of the 3 is too stiff for comfort and the other 2 produce body roll. Also depreciation is very rough on those cars.

You seem to have overpayed for the car also.
eBay Motors: Volvo : S60 (item 250400419813 end time Apr-12-09 09:39:41 PDT)

The seats are very nice, super comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread