NEWEST BEST 1/4 MILE ET

REDLYNE

Established Member
See sig. My old best time was a [email protected] with a 2.099 60ft at the same track, altitude, etc. :cool:

So, I added 4.30's and exhaust...got a new best time AND a new highest trap speed. I am happy!!! :D

However, all this was done with a HORRIBLE 60ft time. Take a look at the sig...can't wait to see what happens with DR's.

Do you guys think touching ther 12's (as in 12.9999999) is a possibility?? :-?

If I can run 1.8's on Nitto's...that would drop me to the 13.0's...plus the added acceleration time should push me into the 12.9's (I really, really hope).

I'm also losing a lot of time to wheel hop right now. Despite the IRS brace and bushings that worked wonders with stock gears...I am having wheel hop problems again with the 4.30's.

On the street, my tires chirp and hook....on the track, they hook...then jump...then hook...then jump...etc. I hop off the line (even when I start from idle and don't rev it up before slipping the clutch) and I hop on teh 1-2 shift...practically all the way to the top of 2nd before I get some traction.

I don't want to sound to optimistic...but if I can improve my 60ft times and get rid of wheel hop (all thanks to traction) I should hit my goal.:rolling: I hope so...because hitting 12.9's was my goal for the summer...and I don't want to spend any more money to get there!!!:fm:

REDLYNE

Established Member
???

How'd you get hold of that picture...the web site its being hosted on is down today (and hopefully for just one more day....)

REDLYNE

Established Member
Thanks for the advice/warnings by the way...I'll be sure to have some re-enforced half-shafts on before I try any HIGH RPM dumps off the line. ;)

Darth Racer

Established Member
Re: Re: ???

Hey...bud....use a set of MT 26 X 10 X 15 in slicks....guess what ? You'll have plenty of traction. I never race on street tires at the track....it's a wast of time.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by Darth Racer
Hey...bud....use a set of MT 26 X 10 X 15 in slicks....guess what ? You'll have plenty of traction. I never race on street tires at the track....it's a wast of time.

It's hardly a waste of time. It's an excellent way to teach yourself how to launch well and this carries over to other places where a quick getaway off the line is beneficial, like a deserted road heading out of town.. ;)

I've come quite close to running 11's on regular street radials (12.20's) by practicing. Not to mention, ET Streets and slicks on a IRS cobra is a recipe for expensive breakage...

Just my opinion...

Darth Racer

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: ???

Originally posted by Nice Asp

It's hardly a waste of time. It's an excellent way to teach yourself how to launch well and this carries over to other places where a quick getaway off the line is beneficial, like a deserted road heading out of town.. ;)

I've come quite close to running 11's on regular street radials (12.20's) by practicing. Not to mention, ET Streets and slicks on a IRS cobra is a recipe for expensive breakage...

Just my opinion...

Well, if you worry about breakage, then you shouldn't be racing at all...that goes with the territory. I like "banzai" launches on slicks and quick 60 ft. times...that's a great feeling to launch hard like that. Plus, you get the lowest ET you can out of your vehicle. That's what I'm interested in.

REDLYNE

Established Member
Darth & Nice Asp-

Both of you guys make good points. I think running my car down the track is an awesome rush...and with 4 tickets in the last year...i feel a lot better than when I mess around on the street.

Street tires do suck...but even so, running my car at the track has given me driving practice at shifting, launching, etc.

Street tires worked quite well until I got the new gears. Wheel hop was minimal (after the IRS brace and bushings) and I played around with launching at different RPM's.

Now with the 4.30's, things have become MUCH more frustrating. I'll probably get some SFC's and some NItto's.

I know breaking the car comes with the territory of racing...but I would probably prefer to put stage 2 or 3 half shafts on my car before launching at high rpm's on slicks. We'll see though....

Users who are viewing this thread