Newest Tesla 9.23@155!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
"The new Model S starts at $79,990 for a “Long Range” dual-motor version that gets 412 miles of range. Or people can spend $119,000 for one with the new, more powerful “Plaid” powertrain that goes 390 miles with that sub-2 second 0–60 time. The “Plaid+” version with 520 miles starts at $139,000.

The Plaid and Plaid Plus versions have top speeds of 200 miles per hour (with the “right tires,” according to Tesla CEO Elon Musk), while the Long Range tops out at 155 mph. Tesla says that the Plaid versions should be able to do five times as many quarter-mile runs as previous Model S sedans, thanks to the new powertrain and the new heat pump that was developed for the Model Y.

The new Model X retains the same exterior design but features the new landscape dashboard screen, butterfly steering wheel, and rear passenger screen. The new Model X starts at $89,990 for a Long Range dual-motor spec that has 360 miles of range, a top speed of 155 mph, and a 0–60 time of 3.8 seconds. Tesla is selling a version with the Plaid powertrain for $119,000 that gets 340 miles of range, has a top speed of 163 mph, and can get to 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds. ". --The Verge

The 3 and Y are getting updates too.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Of all the performance cars I’ve owned, the one that was the most fun to drive and I felt the most connected to was my ‘04 BMW M3 manual. Did 0 to 60 in 4.7 1/4 in low 13s.... fun doesn’t always equal fast.
Most new cars have little to no “soul” no matter how fast they are. Tesla’s are amazing cars, but a golf cart might be similar in the fun to drive category.
I agree. I had an’02 M3 and it has been my favorite car to date. Eventually, we may have an EV, but I don’t look forward to it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Theres no trans, they are direct drive.
Very few moving parts in these cars.
I wonder if he's referring to Porsche who uses a two-speed transmission which makes it kick ass once speeds get going. Telsa was only a direct drive as you mentioned, but did Tesla change anything up this time around? Then again, if he did, I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the spec release.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Undeniable performance. EV is definitely the future.

The Model S I drove a couple years ago was ridiculously quick. The fit was on par with other domestic products, interior was ok.

As quick as it was, it was the most soulless car I have ever driven. I was bored after 30 mins.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I wonder if he's referring to Porsche who uses a two-speed transmission which makes it kick ass once speeds get going. Telsa was only a direct drive as you mentioned, but did Tesla change anything up this time around? Then again, if he did, I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the spec release.
I haven't read everything, but I would guess that if they added a trans to this one it would have been a highlight.

hows reliability on that? Low 9s in a gtr is like 50k in trans work. Lololol.
I've never heard of one breaking the drivetrain? No driveshafts, no traditional axles, etc. They just seem to work.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
It’s getting tougher and tougher to not be an EV fan. That’s down right wild. The red light racing is going to be real interesting once EV’s take over, if they take over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Considering the other model runs high 8s I would say red light racing is going to be pretty dangerous. Lol. A car that can hit 160 in less than 9 seconds??? Soccer moms are going to be going into menopause early. Lololol.
The really scary part is they will do it on the street, AWD traction and full control of torque output means very little wheelspin.
Gonna take some serious soccer mom balls to keep your foot in it for more than 2-3 seconds, lol.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
You might be making the opposing argument to what you intend with this statement.

I (and I’m sure others) have had a lot of fun behind the wheel of a golf cart, especially after about 6 holes and 8 beers.

Until they ask you to leave the course for getting their cart stuck in a sand trap...don’t ask me how I know.

gofast15

Established Member
Performance is insane out of those EV cars . I would get one to run the no prep 1/8 mile events , that would make so many people mad LOL . I bet new rules will come out shortly not allowing Telsas to run no prep events

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Performance is insane out of those EV cars . I would get one to run the no prep 1/8 mile events , that would make so many people mad LOL . I bet new rules will come out shortly not allowing Telsas to run no prep events
They will have to make an EV only class at some point. Damn things roll out. Still dont want one, but they work.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
It's fast for sure, and maybe I stand alone in my opinion, but those cars have no personality, I love the way my GT500 sounds on cold start and rowing through the gears getting on the highway, the smell of E85 and the list goes on. Yes that tesla would drag my ass and I'm sure it's a rocket from a dig. But it honestly does nothing for me.
+111111111

red9450

Established Member
Just pipe in some GT350R soundtrack through the speakers and be done...

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The really scary part is they will do it on the street, AWD traction and full control of torque output means very little wheelspin.
Gonna take some serious soccer mom balls to keep your foot in it for more than 2-3 seconds, lol.

If your mom had balls, wouldn’t she be your soccer dad?

andymarkv

Established Member
I LOVE driving manual...and the complete domination of EV will kill that.

Although...how hard could it be to have an "enthusiast" EV with true manual mode...? If Subaru's can make their CVT trans feel like it "shifts", EV company's could do something too?

Seems like with all the Gaming Tech out there, an EV could have a simulator clutch pedal & gear stick and provide all the same feel via tuning.
Although that is probably being overly simplistic.

Users who are viewing this thread