Newest Tesla 9.23@155!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Maybe someone can educate me....

Did tesla drop prices on their cars?

Last I knew, the P100D optioned out was over 125K and ran maybe low 10's. Now this is a questionable "9 second car" and is less money? Something doesn't compute...
Their website is pretty handy. There tend to be very few if any options beyond color and wheel choice. Occasionally they reduce the price of models but that is unlikely with this one being brand new and not even out yet.

Do it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the plaid.
The ‘coming soon’ plaid plus is said to go sub 1.99 to 60 mph and run 8s.

giphy.gif

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Sorry, but AWD alone wont accomplish this. Why do you think nothing can keep up with these cars from 0-60 on the street?
AWD as you refer to it vs AWD in a Tesla where torque control can be altered on the fly to each axle (or wheel soon) is a huge advantage that ICE vehicle simply do not have today.

If it was as easy as you make it sound, there'd be tons of cars with sub 2.5 0-60 times on the street, but thats not the case.

Forget Tesla for a moment. Look at Porsche.
Nothing they build, as the masters of AWD, can keep up with their top of the line Taycan to 60 MPH. Period.

Man wake the F up. The 7.3L Godzilla is making 1500hp with a small ass 3.0L supercharger. Imagine the 7.3L with twin 76mm turbos? 2200hp maybe? Ford could call this the eco beast and put it in every junk vehicle they sell with the blue oval on it. If the big 3 could and would build what we want this golf cart junk wouldn’t even exist. Right now we have the billionaire class heavily invested in lithium, copper and rare earth metals. They want to sell us electric golf carts for profit. They are doing it under the disguise of “green” when really that has zero to do with it. Sad to see enthusiasts on this forum pull down there pants and want to take the elites big D. Duh, Mach e is cool and it’s a Mustang!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
After 3 years realistically half. After 7 throw it away because it needs new motors and battery which will be worth more than the car or plain obsolete by that time.
Bro you do know there are 1000s of 10+ year old Model S on the road today, no??
Plenty of 3+ year old ones that will rock 9.9 out of 10 things you’ll find on the street.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Man wake the F up. The 7.3L Godzilla is making 1500hp with a small ass 3.0L supercharger. Imagine the 7.3L with twin 76mm turbos? 2200hp maybe? Ford could call this the eco beast and put it in every junk vehicle they sell with the blue oval on it. If the big 3 could and would build what we want this golf cart junk wouldn’t even exist. Right now we have the billionaire class heavily invested in lithium, copper and rare earth metals. They want to sell us electric golf carts for profit. They are doing it under the disguise of “green” when really that has zero to do with it. Sad to see enthusiasts on this forum pull down there pants and want to take the elites big D. Duh, Mach e is cool and it’s a Mustang!
Now I can’t even tell if you are serious. Lol.
You’re building race cars or something here. The things you are dreaming about here will never happen for way more reasons that you want to believe.
BTW I think Ford failed massively with the MachE and it has no business being called a Mustang, especially since it will get stomped by a Model 3P. There was a clear performance target to hit and they missed it.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
BTW I think Ford failed massively with the MachE and it has no business being called a Mustang, especially since it will get stomped by a Model 3P. There was a clear performance target to hit and they missed it.
Why, is it only measured by performance? I have a few friends that have Tesla's and they are fast, but they are piles of shit for fit and finish. They don't yet know how to build a car. The simple things that Ford did right IMO. I would rather drive the Mach E then the ugly ass Model 3P all day every day. Do I agree with using the Mustang name? Not really, but I would still choose it over the 3P.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Why, is it only measured by performance? I have a few friends that have Tesla's and they are fast, but they are piles of shit for fit and finish. They don't yet know how to build a car. The simple things that Ford did right IMO. I would rather drive the Mach E then the ugly ass Model 3P all day every day. Do I agree with using the Mustang name? Not really, but I would still choose it over the 3P.
in my humble opinion, the minute they chose to slap the mustang name on it, it was designated a performance car.
I don’t see where it adds much value over a model 3 unless as you say the fit and finish is that much better. Either way the model 3 is leaving the MachE at every stop light and that is what matters more to me.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
No sound, no soul, able to be shut down by a computer, algorithms deciding who should live in an accident, big brother cameras everywhere, constant reporting what you are doing. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
out of curiosity what kind of range would you get? Im thinking popping off a couple 8sec passes ought to be kinda draining on the battery
Brooke's did a test awhile back on an older P85D and estimated about 170 passes on a full charge. I imagine the plaid would be in that range or higher, especially with a larger battery. Obviously as the battery depletes, performance will slowly suffer, but who makes more than 100+ runs at the drag strip?

Tesla Model S Drag Racing Energy Usage and Cost

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
in my humble opinion, the minute they chose to slap the mustang name on it, it was designated a performance car.
I don’t see where it adds much value over a model 3 unless as you say the fit and finish is that much better. Either way the model 3 is leaving the MachE at every stop light and that is what matters more to me.
The reason they slapped the name on it was to get media attention. Guess what? It worked. Lots of chatter about it.

With that analogy, buy a clapped out Fox Body with an LS engine and slicks and leave every stop light first.....

At the end of the day, you are still pulling away in a pile of shit.

Just my $.02

My94GT

Established Member
out of curiosity what kind of range would you get? Im thinking popping off a couple 8sec passes ought to be kinda draining on the battery

they did drop prices recently but with this refresh for the S model it looks like they only offer it as the model S long range which has similar performance to the P100 or the plaid and plaid + now

My94GT

Established Member
The reason they slapped the name on it was to get media attention. Guess what? It worked. Lots of chatter about it.

With that analogy, buy a clapped out Fox Body with an LS engine and slicks and leave every stop light first.....

Just my $.02

meh I’ll reserve total judgement for when I see them in person but from the pictures the interior looks equally as basic and minimalist on the Mach E and seeing plenty of various manufacturers come through the collision repair shop I run I wouldn’t go so far as to say Ford is always so leaps and bounds above in quality.

their quality really only shines at the upper most trim levels. What they likely will have going for them is a significant price difference. I do agree from a style standpoint the exterior of the Mach E GT is very nicely done. Once you get past the name I really like it and personally I’d cross shop or to Tesla when the time comes.

I wouldn’t doubt though that Ford has some plans for a performance oriented EV sports car and I oddly look forward to it even if I still prefer ICE cars more.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Just my $.02

So a new Tesla is equivalent to driving a clapped out Fox Body on slicks in your mind? Lol, go for it.
You ought to check out some of the cash days videos where a dude showed up in a Model S and spent the night dragging slick equipped fox bodies on the street.
Seems not enough people really understand how hard it is to go this fast on the street.

We get some really off the wall theories around here

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Ok gang...need your help. Would you replace the Trackhawk for this? It would be my dd and I would still have the zr1 when I wanted to flex my nutsack hair. Lol

Yes. I’d trade in that untuned time bomb for a 9sec car that shouldn’t be a 9sec car. Everyone expects a hellcat powered anything to be fast. Plus you’ve had the Jeep for too long now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread