Next Mod?

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Trying to plan my next round of mods on my 12' GT M6 3.31 gear. Only mods I have thus far are Roush A/B, SCT 93 Tune by PPC in Columbus OHIO, BMR PHB, Roush Springs.

It made prettygood #'s IMO 396 rwhp / 358 rwtq.

What should my next mods be? I dont street race, no gay roll racing and honestly in my older age I don't care to beat on it at the track.

Thanks

DIB5.0

Established Member
So what are you trying to accomplish just higher dyno #'s? CAI, O/R X or H, Full exhaust.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
So what are you trying to accomplish just higher dyno #'s? CAI, O/R X or H, Full exhaust.

Just more power like anyone else, I'm just not concerned with racing on the street or et's anymore. Just want all the power i can get for that occasional run thru the gears.

I'd like to eventually slap a TVS Blower on there. But at those prices it'll be 3 or 4 years.

Who makes a nice set of LT's for these cars? BBK? I've always ran BBK's on my past cars and seem to work nice.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Jba, bassani, bbk, American racing all make headers.

If your looking for that occasional run through the gears and more power, just save for the tvs.

-Thomas

Jedisalami

Established Member
Have a set of American racing headers and have the best collector of any new headers I've seen no ball and socket garbage

Eric@jpc

Established Member
that's an open question. you would need to tell us what kind of budget your working with. I would suggest an JLT intake and Oil Separator.

In expensive and good mods

IF your looking at headers there are alot of good options, again alot has to do with budget 1 3/4 kooks are great

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I gained 38whp/40tq with bolting on a set of American Racing longtubes before tuning. I have a Boss, so the gains might be a little different. Headers are expensive, but an essential upgrade to get the most out of all your other mods.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I gained 38whp/40tq with bolting on a set of American Racing longtubes before tuning. I have a Boss, so the gains might be a little different. Headers are expensive, but an essential upgrade to get the most out of all your other mods.

That seems very odd since most dyno sheets I have seen dont show mcuh gain at all for these cars with LT's. IMO there not worth the $. They are a pain to install, expensive, and from what I have seen, not at all worth the little power you gain.

OP, get an X or H pipe with a cat delete, a barton shifter bracket(best mod I have done to my car), and then save for the blower, or if you just want it for the ocasional blast consider a 100-150 shot of nitrous. You sound pretty controlled so that would be the cheapest and easiest way to get the power you want and you wont have to wait several years to get it.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
That seems very odd since most dyno sheets I have seen dont show mcuh gain at all for these cars with LT's. IMO there not worth the $. They are a pain to install, expensive, and from what I have seen, not at all worth the little power you gain.

OP, get an X or H pipe with a cat delete, a barton shifter bracket(best mod I have done to my car), and then save for the blower, or if you just want it for the ocasional blast consider a 100-150 shot of nitrous. You sound pretty controlled so that would be the cheapest and easiest way to get the power you want and you wont have to wait several years to get it.

what does the barton shifter do for the car?

OP- Get an off road X or H it a hell of allot cheaper than LTH and pretty much same gains, intake, and maybe change your tune??! I recommend AED or Steeda

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
what does the barton shifter do for the car?

OP- Get an off road X or H it a hell of allot cheaper than LTH and pretty much same gains, intake, and maybe change your tune??! I recommend AED or Steeda

I got the Barton shifter bracket($65), it gives you more "feel" in the trans. Makes it feel a bit more mechanical and gives you a TON more confidence when shifting. It eliminates that spungy/blind feeling that the stock shifter has. Really makes spirited shifting and power shifting a breeze and more fun. It makes it feel like a sports car shifter without feeling like your draging a stick through rocks. But its not bad to the point where it feels aftermarket. Honestly, I installed it and the car sat till the next morning. Got up the next morning and completely forgot I had it until I went to bang a few gears on the way to work and then I could really tell the difference. Best mod you can do for under $100 and it only took me 15 minutes to install it in my garage.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I got the Barton shifter bracket($65), it gives you more "feel" in the trans. Makes it feel a bit more mechanical and gives you a TON more confidence when shifting. It eliminates that spungy/blind feeling that the stock shifter has. Really makes spirited shifting and power shifting a breeze and more fun. It makes it feel like a sports car shifter without feeling like your draging a stick through rocks. But its not bad to the point where it feels aftermarket. Honestly, I installed it and the car sat till the next morning. Got up the next morning and completely forgot I had it until I went to bang a few gears on the way to work and then I could really tell the difference. Best mod you can do for under $100 and it only took me 15 minutes to install it in my garage.

nice, thanks for all that info man! Looks this is going to be my next mod, i already swapped the trans fluid for redline, made a marginal difference

stang8psi

Established Member

you must have the record for most power gained from longtubes and no tune:bs::shrug:

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I'll checkout a the midpipes, And I've got a real tune Car was dyno tuned by PPC who works closely with John Lund, so I'm more than good on the tune.

corysmach1

Established Member
Those are very strong numbers for your car with those mods....i have heard good things about Brady at PPC. I just picked up a 2013 GT i may give him a call down the road. If i were you i would for sure get a midpipe and a good shifter.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Those are very strong numbers for your car with those mods....i have heard good things about Brady at PPC. I just picked up a 2013 GT i may give him a call down the road. If i were you i would for sure get a midpipe and a good shifter.

Thanks, Brady and the guys at PPC are top notch and produce very nice results on any car that comes through the door.

Give him a call I highly recommend them!

Tell them Justin From Buckeyestangs sent ya.

Users who are viewing this thread