Nice place to vacation in Florida?

1993R

Established Member
03 svt,
Aug/Sept is a warm time of the year anywhere down there. It's also hurricane season. That being said the keys will have the best snorkeling but not the best beaches.The middle keys are the nicest. I was just there a few months ago because one of my frat bro's has a house there and had a party for the Fl vs TN game. Key West beach is nasty and smells so if you look in the keys look for a B/B in the middle keys.
Destin is nice but very touristy now and expensive.The time of year you are going will be packed there. I know because I was there this year working during your time frame.
Eventhough I grew up on the Gulf I like the Atlantic better. My favorite beach is Crescent. It's secluded and has only one hotel with 8-10 rooms.
I think about it over xmas I got to catch a plane.............

1993R

Established Member
03 svt,
Aug/Sept is a warm time of the year anywhere down there. It's also hurricane season. That being said the keys will have the best snorkeling but not the best beaches.The middle keys are the nicest. I was just there a few months ago because one of my frat bro's has a house there and had a party for the Fl vs TN game. Key West beach is nasty and smells so if you look in the keys look for a B/B in the middle keys.
Destin is nice but very touristy now and expensive.The time of year you are going will be packed there. I know because I was there this year working during your time frame.
Eventhough I grew up on the Gulf I like the Atlantic better. My favorite beach is Crescent. It's secluded and has only one hotel with 8-10 rooms.
I think about it over xmas I got to catch a plane.............

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
My wife and I stayed at this inn when we went to St Pete Inn at the Bay.

It was a nice place, the surroundings left a little to be desired (parking garage serving another building out back) but the beds were very comfortable and the food was incredible. They also tailored my breakfasts as I'm a little picky. Again, walking distance to some nice downtown shops and museums and also a nice 2 story outdoor mall. We would go to the 2 story mall (with movie theater), have dinner, get drunk and stumble back to our room.

Users who are viewing this thread