Nice to see these cars are still wanted.

stangfreak

Established Member
so many threads month after month about people getting either another terminator, or there first one. Its like a cult that follows these cars. 13 years later I still have my cobra. I still love it. Every time I open the garage door, I get the same feeling as when I first took it home from the dealer. such a timeless car. IMO ford nailed it. Plus cobra guys all get along:rockon:

we really do have a great car that changed history.

cj428mach

Established Member
I love my cobra and I can't ever see myself not owning one. Actually thats why I sold my first Terminator so I could by the exact one I would have got in 2003-04 if I could have afforded it new.

furious465

Established Member
I am new to the termi but I love my car, so much fun to drive. Just wish my hater chevy friends would appreciate it as much as I do.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
My bro-in-law stopped by a few weeks ago in his '08 shelby, a very nice low 16k mile muscle car with TF rims, and honestly, it's no contest IMO. The terminators clearly remain one of the best ford mustangs of all time. It just has that uniquely compact, squatty and wide look to it that cannot be duplicated by other models...even after putting lowering springs (he has coil overs) and high dollar rims. Other muscle cars (gm included) are just large in size versus these terminators

IMG_4613.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There definitely is a huge following for the 2003-2004 Cobra. One of those almost timeless models that just defies age and time. As many would say, "long live the King".

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
:rockon: i love my cobras and look forward to driving them every morning when i wake up. so much fun to drive and still a force to be reckoned with on the streets even all these years later.

what i really think is cool tho, in this awesome factory horsepower era we are now living in, is that ALL of the current top-dog musclecars are now built using the same basic design as the terminator, and the terminator was the first and only to lead the way. and of course we must tip our cap to the svt lightning, which is what really opened the door to the factory v-8 pd blower layout. but so far nothing the big 3 can think of seems to be better, and that includes the top-dog vette and luxury/performance cadillacs, too...

i'd say it was a hit!

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
They are a must have car, have had mine almost 3 years and its been a blast and tomorrow will be my last day driving the car as the new buyer comes to get her

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine won't be going anywhere. Imo the 03-04 cobra hits the top 10 of the all time best production mustangs ever produced.

93VORTECH

Established Member
03-04 Cobra Hits the Top 10 Best Looking Car "Ever Produced" out of ALL the car manufacturers! :beer:

Last edited:

FL Steve

Established Member
Agreed! Sold my almost full bolt on n/a 5.0 to purchase my first 03 Cobra last November. Even though the condition of my 5.0 was much better I still love and prefer this car. People who don't know about these cars thought I was crazy but they just don't understand.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
The value has steadily declined, much less than most cars though. Which means that the demand is likely decreasing or the value wouldn't be falling.

I hope that the future will bring steady prices and that we are seeing rock bottom right now. I can't see it going too far down because honestly we are at bottom dollar for the amount of performance.

I'd like to think it will be on par with 93 Cobras in a few years, but honestly the 93 Cobra production numbers were 10% of the 03/04.

Either way, value is in the eye of the beholder and 15-20K is an absolute steal for the average Cobra. I am considering keeping mine just because I don't want to part with such an iconic car.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
The value has steadily declined, much less than most cars though. Which means that the demand is likely decreasing or the value wouldn't be falling.

I hope that the future will bring steady prices and that we are seeing rock bottom right now. I can't see it going too far down because honestly we are at bottom dollar for the amount of performance.

I'd like to think it will be on par with 93 Cobras in a few years, but honestly the 93 Cobra production numbers were 10% of the 03/04.

Either way, value is in the eye of the beholder and 15-20K is an absolute steal for the average Cobra. I am considering keeping mine just because I don't want to part with such an iconic car.

You speak as if the cobra has gone down in value compared to the average sports car, it's quite in fact the opposite. They hold their value. No car is worth more than what it sold for with the exception of a few like the 05/06 Ford GT

Nice cobra's go for 22 - 26k all the time. New they cost what...36 - 38K. Show me another car that's deprecated that little over 13 - 14 years.

03/04 cobra's are the next 80's era GN. No matter what, people will always know what they are and nice examples will demand premium $$

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You speak as if the cobra has gone down in value compared to the average sports car, it's quite in fact the opposite. They hold their value. No car is worth more than what it sold for with the exception of a few like the 05/06 Ford GT

Nice cobra's go for 22 - 26k all the time. New they cost what...36 - 38K. Show me another car that's deprecated that little over 13 - 14 years

I agree. I think they "steadily declined" for about the first 5-6 years....but have really leveled off since about 2010.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member

I will have to disagree with this statement.

They may have dropped in the first several years just like all cars do, but after that they have leveled off and from what it looks like to me pricing has increased. I bought my first 03 Cobra in 2008 and sold it in 2013 for a small profit, I also know several others that have done the same thing. I know asking price doesn't dictate resale value but asking prices on these cars are way up from what they were from 2008-2013. Asking prices now are what I remembered them being in 2005-06 except the cars have way more miles on them.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I wouldn't even consider selling mine, I always wanted this car, didn't buy it for a investment, pretty unique mustang in our era, and I can brag that I own one.

funmoneypit

Established Member

Nice cobra's go for 22 - 26k all the time. New they cost what...36 - 38K. Show me another car that's deprecated that little over 13 - 14 years.

03/04 cobra's are the next 80's era GN. No matter what, people will always know what they are and nice examples will demand premium $$
Mine was $46k out the door. I have the paperwork from the original owner. '04 vert with the Mystichrome package was the most expensive Cobra. They basically paid sticker and special ordered it in '03. That's more than I paid otd for my fully loaded '14 F150 4x4 Lariat brand new. Of course I got some real nice discounts and rebates as it stickered for over $53k.

stangfreak

Established Member
Love the replies so far. I won't be selling my car. It is a "must have" mustang. To this day, when I take out the cobra, I still get thumbs up, see a passanger in another car on the highway record me driving on there phone. This car is bad ass.

Users who are viewing this thread