Nissan 400Z Launch

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It looks to be a very stout and solid performer, reminds me of how the 350z was at first, just a well rounded offering, Jack of all trades master of none kinda deal. I think the styling is more subdued and clean this time around as well and the cues from other gens are nice and not overdone. Not my cup of tea but I'd definitely not knock anyone that wants one. Plus it's still got a manual so that's a plus in my book.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll watch the launch on their YT channel tonight. Looking at some of the "leaked" photos, I hope the front grill looks better than what I'm seeing (unofficial, of course). Power is projected to be right around 400hp. I wish the Maxima was in that range. I'm not a huge fan of the 'Z'; never have been. But it will hopefully please those who ARE fans.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
FWIW I daily a Redsport and it’s fun sedan at 400hp… a much lighter 400Z is going to be a hoot with that motor.

I used to drive the regular Q50s when we would get Enterprise ones in and they were a blast and stupid fast for what they are. I bet that Redsport is amazingly fun.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I like the look better than the last one with the butthole rear end. 400hp should be nice and easiy to up that due to boost. There are a lot of cars I wouldn't buy, but like and glad they make them. This car fits in that category.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
The stock turbos are super tiny. Still, a tune should see that engine make around 450rwhp and 500rwtq on a pump gas tune and exhaust.

It has integrated exhaust manifolds in the head so fitting an aftermarket turbo will be very difficult. Pure and R/T turbo are the o my company to offer an upgrade, they're just different CHRAs in the stock housings. AMS has done a turbo swap with aftermarket adapters but they've not released anything to the public.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
like the look better than the last one with the butthole rear end

I laugh whenever I see a 350z or whatever the **** they are called. George W was president when they first rolled off the line, I can't believe they still make them. Sad.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I never disliked the 350Z, and kind of like the 370Z.

No pics? I’m too lazy and close to bed to search youtube or the internets.

Users who are viewing this thread