nitrous advice on a 2valve

bleedout

Established Member
ok guys, im installing my zex nitrous kit today and i was dead set on starting off with a 100 shot but now im a little nervous-details. i dont have a hand held tuner so i cant retard the timing for NOS,yet. problem is im goin to track this saturday and i planned on spraying. i used to have this same kit on my 02' GT however in that car i had the SVT focus fuel pump and i ran a 100 shot without a tune or timing retard but it was a low mileage car. now with my current stang, its a factory pump car, and has higher mileage. i have however completely gone thru the car and everything has been replaced as far as maintainence goes. i just dont want this car to blow up lol. so what do you all think? I was thinking 100 shot all day long until i get my tuner then i wanted to go to 125 pill. now im like ehh, maybe 75 shot. like i said the car has new tr6 plugs, new fuel filter ect and it run excellent. its just im nervous not being able to take a few degrees out might hurt the motor. but ive run 100 shot before many times with no worries. and ive read in mm&ff that they've run 100 shot without a tune on a stock 2v with no problems. so guys, tell me to stop being a pu$$y and just run the 100 shot so i can feel better and confident about it. or tell me what you all would do, i plan on programming the window switch to spray from 3000-5700. thanks for the advice in advance, oh and i tried the search feature and i went back to beginning of april and nothing, so.....

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
I run a Zex Wet kit on my car (100 shot) and love it. Never had any issues with it. I run a purge, heater, and Window Switch (3000-6000).

Have sprayed a good amount and have never had an issue.

bleedout

Established Member
I run a Zex Wet kit on my car (100 shot) and love it. Never had any issues with it. I run a purge, heater, and Window Switch (3000-6000).

Have sprayed a good amount and have never had an issue.

Yeah, I have the same, purge, bottle heater, window switch, even bottle opener. I figured i was just gonna put the 100 pills in and say fu*k it, like i said on my old 02' GT i ran prob 15 bottles with the 100 shot no prob. just went to blower cars for a while and now im back to NOS and im nervous lol, thanks guys.

mrbigjeep

Established Member
yep, no timing retard required. and stock fuel pump will be fine.

some tr6 plugs (which you already have) and your good to go

bleedout

Established Member
thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure. been out of the Nitrous game for a few years lol. I will def let yall know what i run asap. I recently just lost my damn job, on the 3rd to be exact. so i will be posting a rant about that. but now it looks like i'll have time to finish the car completely until i find other work or unemployment kicks in... guess we'll see:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread