Nitrous and the coyote

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Hey all,

I am researching nitrous and the use of nitrous on 5.0 coyote. I am looking at doing a budget kit. Any suggestions, I have been looking at the NX proton kit. Thanks for any incite or experiences.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Plate Kit... I promise its worth the $800 you spend. Nitrous Outlet Hardline Kit is what Im running.
I plan on hiding it so I will be going the nozzle route but please explain to me the way you have your system hook up. Are you using a NOS RPM/WOT switch do to the drive by wire or did you just go with a WOT on the foot pedal. What other safety precautions did you take? What fuel upgrades did you make?

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
I have the proton plus kit with the shark nozzle on my 96 cobra. Works great, but finding a good location for the bulky noid housing was kind of tough. I would run the kit off a digital window switch especially with a drive by wire set-up. All you need is a tach signal and you're good to go.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Our proton plus system works great. I run it on my personal car, an 08 Bullitt. PM me or call in with any questions. Steve at BBR can get you a great deal on any of the systems you are looking at.

-Garrett

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Last edited by a moderator:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Thanks for all the feed back

One other question I have is the fuel requirments. Since my car is a swap car I am using the stock 5.0 coyote fuel rail into a return style jegs regulator into stock 94 mustang lines, stock fuel filter, and stock hanger assemble with a 255 walbro wired in. With a 100 shot pills in, would a 340 intake pump be able to meet the requirments and exceed them in order to have enough fuel to be safe. Thanks for all the advice.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
A 340lph pump will hold it.

If it was me, I would drop a full return style with sump tank in it. A lot more reliable.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Any insight on NOS RPM/WOT Switch

I want to use a Window switch for this setup but I have no experiences with this type of setup. I am use to the simple WOT switch. Due to the drive by wire I would like to wire in this type of box to have a better control on when the nitrous comes on.

Krooze

Established Member
In major cases, Nitrous not only depend upon the gases present in it but also upon the nozzle from which it is emerged. This controls the flow of discharging and sometimes you know value of it when it is out of order.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Uhh Come again.

In major cases, Nitrous not only depend upon the gases present in it but also upon the nozzle from which it is emerged. This controls the flow of discharging and sometimes you know value of it when it is out of order.
What are you on because I need to get some. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread