Nitrous C6 Z06 vs 2.9 Whipple GT500

DARK GEARS

Banned
Well just so everyone knows the final outcome of the story, I have added some new things to my car, including a 75Shot of NOS. However, the owner of the Z06 is no longer able to race me due to his block being cracked from a 200Shot! I'm not sure these engines hold up like people think they do. Here is a direct quote from the street racing site I'm a member of.

Yes guys i am getting rip off the zo6 because it cracked the block,,

I rather buy it cheap Cobra and built the shit out of it and make over 1000RWHP and not worry about the block cracking or something like that,, specially a 43 + K$$$ car like the z06 i have.. so that's where i Stand Now>>>> mustang Cobra fully built kenne bell and turbo it's the way to go , if it blows up 2k will fix your cobra if you do the labor yourself, i'll let Nory follow up with this Comment he knows what i am talkng about..

And yes i am in the look for a 03/04 Terminator,, i am only looking to spend not more than 15k Cash, Because i still need to buy the mass of bolt ons and CP internals; so if anyone knows about a cheap cobra please hit me with the info anytime>>> one more thing No Fake Cobras or clones, they Are Not In My Menu...

The Z06 has a high compression motor which doesn't like nitrous very well. A 200 shot is death.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
The Z06 has a high compression motor which doesn't like nitrous very well. A 200 shot is death.

Has nothing to do with compression, it's the pistons and tune. High compression engines love juice, if they're built and tuned for it. :thumbsup:

Oh, and the Z had the bottle in backwards.

Blaine

Established Member
x1000

wonder who has the lightest gt500 and how much it weights?

Evolution's GT500 weighs in at 3400 lbs WITH driver. So around 3240 lbs!!

About 400 lbs in weight loss is about the maximum you can go before you start losing your backseat, AC, and switch to light weight drag brakes. If you don't mind losing those... then 600+ lbs of weight loss is attainable.:beer:

Also, anyone can have ENGINE FAILURE once your POWER goes up past 600 rwhp... Depending on the engine; You may have higher odds of Failure. Z06 motors will have those higher odds..... then followed by the SUPER high cost of fixing the Failure.

BUT building an ALUM. MOTOR to withstand 800+ rwhp for a GT500 will cost just as much as a built Z06 motor which is already Alum.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
-1 its all in the tune!
im on a 150shot and it loves the bottle. there are a lot of 200shot C6z. some people are just smarter and actually know how to use it and the limits of it

True, some people have gotten away with it. Just like some have gotten away with 900-1000rwhp+ on stock bottom-end Cobra/GT500 motors, they will say the same thing, "it's all in the tune".

Tune does play a big part, that doesn't mean something can't go wrong when pushing the limits of a motor, (cast pistons being the biggest limiting factor in a nitrous powered Z06).

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Yeah but I'll have a chance next time out! Yes my plugs were foul, but I make no excuses, all I can say is next time I'll be bringing more to the plate!

These are from the day after that race.

CIMG0125.gif

This is what I picked up today to help me out for next time!

CIMG0084.jpg

CIMG0083.jpg

CIMG0082.jpg

You must have one of those platinum credit cards :burnout:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Well just so everyone knows the final outcome of the story, I have added some new things to my car, including a 75Shot of NOS. However, the owner of the Z06 is no longer able to race me due to his block being cracked from a 200Shot! I'm not sure these engines hold up like people think they do. Here is a direct quote from the street racing site I'm a member of.

I rather buy it cheap Cobra and built the shit out of it and make over 1000RWHP and not worry about the block cracking or something like that,, specially a 43 + K$$$ car like the z06 i have.. so that's where i Stand Now>>>> mustang Cobra fully built kenne bell and turbo it's the way to go , if it blows up 2k will fix your cobra if you do the labor yourself, i'll let Nory follow up with this Comment he knows what i am talkng about..

And yes i am in the look for a 03/04 Terminator,, i am only looking to spend not more than 15k Cash, Because i still need to buy the mass of bolt ons and CP internals; so if anyone knows about a cheap cobra please hit me with the info anytime>>> one more thing No Fake Cobras or clones, they Are Not In My Menu...

How on earth did that education get it's hands on a Z06?

Blaine

Established Member
How on earth did that education get it's hands on a Z06?

45k car isn't what I consider expensive and out of reach to anyone. A McDonalds manager can pull in enough to get one. :pop:

Let you in on a $$ secret to buying really expensive cars:

1) DON'T HAVE KIDS (Each kid = enough $$ to = a new VIPER or two)
2) Pay your bills on time (For good credit)
3) Work (Hard to buy cars with no income)
4) Don't marry a crazy spouse that doesn't do #4(So she won't take all your $/wifes suck in $$ > #1 without job)

Follow 1-4 and ANYONE can buy a Expensive car. I followed 1-4 and I was driving new Cobras/Vettes at the age of 18 working at Jack-in-the-box while I was in college.:coolman:

#1 and #4 = the killer of 99% of people sports car dreams, and 1% find a good #3 to overcome #1 and #4.

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
Z06 motors are expensive! It makes more sense to just drop in forged pistons and rebalance if your going to spray or run over 625+whp IMO.

In the end a 550whp Z is plenty fast unless the cars sole goal is highway racing. Many 550-575whp Z's have pulled 10.40-10.70's which is pretty fast.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
the sad thing is, most people measure the "better" car by which one is faster in a straight line. there are a ton of people crying about roll racing, but most of you guys forget that a c6z would brutalize a gt500/cobra in virtually any type of racing outside of straight line pulls. most of you folks should be happy that these races dont require the use of brakes or suspension.

I like both cars, each have their own positive attributes. when it comes to roll racing, the gt500 will need 150whp+ to simply stay in the game against a c6z. ask me how I know this :coolman:

the rematch should be very interesting. i think the z will need a cam and headers to remain unbeaten.

+1

some cars go fast not just in a straight line but through the turns too :-D

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Man you guys need to stop because you are sounding like nicers. I mean for god sakes go read over what you posted and think about it for a sec.

I think the owner of the GT500 is doing the right thing. He is adding more mods and will try again. Those LSx engines love spray and the car was lighter so I am sure 98% of the people on here knew what was going to happen before we watched the vid. Oh and to the owner of the GT500 roll racing a lighter car from those speeds. :nono:

MrMason

Established Member

My eye's are bleeding. Don't let him get a cobra

Users who are viewing this thread