nitrous kits

gpribble

Established Member
nitrous

i have been looking every where for a nitrous kit. i cant find one. i had it on my 2001 gt and it worked great except for always having the bottle refilled. please keep me posted if you find a kit for the 03 cobras.....

gpribble

Established Member
i have the edelbrock one now from my 2001 gt, but im a little leary of actually using it since its not designed for my supercharged car. keep me posted if you hear of any kits.

KNGOBRA

Banned
I know Edelbrock's 2003 catalog lists an application for the 03 Cobra, but I don't know if it's ready for production yet. Although, I know first hand that they have been working on one...;-)

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I guess it's personal preference but isn't it nice knowing you just destroyed a little civic who's only upgrade is nitrous when you've put in the wrench time and did real upgrades. Granted, I'm assuming you haven't done any other work. I know we're all speed thirsty and sometimes we don't care how to get there as long as we do, but sometimes we have to consider the cars' best interest (I know I know, install it right and you're fine... blah blah blah blah blah) as it's probably never let you down and there's no reason to give it that chance. Considered a larger pully? New ecu? gears? (again, assuming you have yet to do these things) Happy parts shopping and I'm eager to see what you do.

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
Good point Greg, I have that nos dry (5115) brand new and I am picking up my 03 this weekend, but I too do not know how it adds fuel on the new 03's, like it did on my fox body car where it spiked the fuel pressure through the regulator!>>???? Anybody else know????

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
You are going to have to control fuel delivery yourself. None of the kits are designed to work specifically with our car. SFPHQ has a nitrous controller, Nitrous Pete can set you up with whatever he uses, and Zone5 will soon have the hot solution IMO with the eFPC with built in nitrous controller..

gpribble

Established Member
:rolling: well i just pick up my edelbrock nitrous kit yesterday. part# 70404, i had to have the speed shop actually call edelbrock because they dont even list the number yet. it should be about a week before i have everything all done and ill keep you cobra owners posted with results. :beer:

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by gpribble
:rolling: well i just pick up my edelbrock nitrous kit yesterday. part# 70404, i had to have the speed shop actually call edelbrock because they dont even list the number yet. it should be about a week before i have everything all done and ill keep you cobra owners posted with results. :beer:

Good Deal. You gunna dyno or 1/4 mile before installation to compare the results after the NOS install?? Don't forget to post some pics of how it looks before and after.....:thumbsup:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
GP,
What's different about this kit? What does it contain that one for say an earlier Mustang doesn't?
What was the cost of the kit?
Was it designed specifically for the '03?
Dana

gpribble

Established Member
cost of kit with nitrous express switches came out to a little over $700. the edelbrock kit is specifically designed for the cobra. the one on my gt used a fuel pump amplifier where this kits uses a vaccuum regualtor to increase fuel pressure, besides that regulator the two kits are exactly the same. i havent installed it yet due to if you are using an aftermarket computer chip you have to contact manufacturer to see how much timing was advanced tuned into it, i choose to keep my current setting and have a flip chip made for a nitrous program as well as my current performance program. again more $ but i think i will be all worth it. the edelbrock kit gives to hp ratings 80 and 100. im waiting for chip to arrive and then i will begin install. sorry i dont have a camera to take pics, i used that money for kit and chips. :rollseyes

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Is this a wet kit or dry?

How does the regulator increase the fuel pressure?
I assume it connects to the TPS to sense WOT?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to stay up on the latest advancements for the '03.

Thanks,

Dana

gpribble

Established Member
its a dry kit and uses a regulator that uses the same vacuum scorce for the fuel pulse dampnner. it looks like a real easy kit to hook up, way less troublesome then my old gt. nothing is hooked up to the tps. WOT is sensed by a adjustable micro switch.

Users who are viewing this thread