Nitrous Question

Ga99Cobra

Established Member
Hey, I am considering a nitrous system for my 99' Cobra. I just want to know everybodys opinion. The NOS system is like 800 Dollars. Nitrous express makes one for 500, Although it is a universal Ford EFI kit and not specifically tailored for my car. I am not looking for a huge shot. The Nitrous Express system is adjustable from a 75 shot to a 150 shot. That is exactly what I want but I dont know how good it is. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
The Nitrous Works and Express kits are basically the same so you can look in my sig and see how well they work :D

I could not be happier with my set up.

If you get your kit and need any help with the install or have a tuning question Gr8white and I will try to help all we can.

So let us know ;)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Mikie those are some pretty awsome times, This weekend on TV I saw where they put a NOS kit on a Indian motorcycle, went from 80 hp all the way to 102 on the smallest jet!!!

Ga99Cobra

Established Member
Thanks

Thanks for the information. What is the difference between the NOS kit actually made for the 99' Cobra and the Nitrous Express kit that is a universal kit for Ford EFI vehicles? Also, Does anyone have the instructions on doing the universal Ford kit on a 99 Cobra. I.E. Where the actual "shark" nozzle goes and where you tap in to the fuel system?

Last edited:

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
NOS , Express , Works , Compucar , 10,000rpm , TNT , and others all share the same priciple.

Either you do WET , DRY or DIRECT PORT.

The Nos company was the first and still the only company to manufacture the dry kit (I think).

Wet means you add fuel from your fuel rail.
Dry means either you squirt raw nitrous into the FPR to force the fuel press open thus increases/adds the fuel..... or the risky dry kit of spraying through the MAF sensor relying on the computer to be tricked into seeing a lean condition and dumping fuel to your cause ;)

In your case you are stuck pretty much with the wet kit.

Later ;)

Ga99Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for everyones advice. One question I have though is: Where do you actually tap into the fuel system? I understand you tap into the fuel rail but is there a fitting there or do you have to drill and tap?

p.s. The NMCA nationals are here at Atlanta Dragway this weekend so hopefully I can talk to all of the nitrous system manafacturers. Also see some BA cars.

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
On the passenger side of the car , the fuel rail has a small fitting with a little black cap on it. That is called your Fuel Pressure Test Port.This is where the kit actually gets its fuel via a stainless steel braided line.

Later
:rolling:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Hey Mike don't forget the little fitting that has to go in the FPTP hole. :D Took some doing to find that one huh? ;)

Seriously though in a "complete" kit it should be there. Just incase it isn't Mike knows the fitting size to compensate for the size difference in the rail and line.

Ga99Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for everyones help.

I was hoping to talk to Nitrous Express this weekend at the NMCA Nationals here in Atlanta but the only nitrous vendors there were NOS and Edelbrock. Disappointed me but seeing a 57 shoebox run 6.70's at 210 was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread