Nitrous..??

STACKZ89

Established Member
Any of u guys running nitrous on your shelby? I saw a NX kit that sprays right after the TB. Just curious how good it works or if it's a big no no.. All input is appreciated!

fauls gt500

Established Member
Any of u guys running nitrous on your shelby? I saw a NX kit that sprays right after the TB. Just curious how good it works or if it's a big no no.. All input is appreciated!

i have it, need to run stand alone full system for nitrous. pullin off the rails and fuel pressure drops to 9 psi on the initial hit which is not good , when tuned right car loves it ,

1st usa car

Established Member
Well, does it make sense? with a good kit and tune its not going to really cheap $1000??? and you don't have that power all the time and need to fill bottles $. If you haven't already done it- TVS for like $1400 is going to be an easy install and tune - pump gas +100whp.

1st usa car

Established Member
First question should be -- what are your goals? if its 50-75whp -- just pulley the eaton and tune it. You want to max out the stock engine, you can do it with a TVS. *** NOS does have a bonus of cooling things down ***

If you haven't already - drive in some modded shelbys to get an idea --- My TVS hits hard like NOS -- defn need to respect the road conditions before you get a heavy foot.

STACKZ89

Established Member
I currently have a 2.65 upper and 10% lower.. Due to getting married I have to put off the bigger blower for a couple years... I just want a little extra for right now... I plan on either going KB 2.8 mammoth or vmp gen 2 with cam's...

STACKZ89

Established Member
I also don't have headers but do run the off road X-pipe... I like the car lookin stock for the most part and I think the 50 shot will be enough for the street just wanna get opinions on reliability with it!

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
A stand alone or dedicated fuel system is a small tank with its own fuel pump that feeds the wet/fuel side of the nitrous system. I have one in my cobra and they do get expensive once you buy the stand alone and nitrous kit. However it does allow you to run race fuel in the small tank which is a huge benefit. But at that point you could most Likely buy a used blower

Users who are viewing this thread