Nitto nt01 v. Toyo r888

jesus_ralliart

Established Member
I'm looking at these two different tires which will be going on a 9/10.5 wheel set up for my cobra.

Other than price, what are people's ups/downs with each tire. I'm probably going to have 295-315 size tire in the back and 255-275 up front

Thoughts/suggestions/experiences are appreciated

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Toyo's here. Got them after hearing good things. I can say that I'll be going with something else when these are toast. They're nice around corners and fair in a little rain. However, even in 315's, I have little bite in first and the bottom of second is a little questionable most times. Granted I've got 4.10's too. Seems like I'm one of the few who can't hook well with them. :(

87poopstang

Established Member
I got toyos r888 305/35/18 on mine now. Heard nothing but great things about them. Cars at the tuners now waiting to try them out this weekend

MTBSully

Established Member
Never had r888s but my nt01's are sticky as hell. I have a pullied/bolt on cobra at 475rwhp and it would almost dead hook in first

Scary as hell in any sort of wet roads though

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
Don't know about the nitto. Have 305/35/18 R888's in mine and hooks with out hesitation. And actually pretty good in the rain. It's been raining every other day lately here in Miami and hold up fairly well. They're a month old though so can't say once they're a bit used. Good luck!

Ninedown

Established Member
Have the NT-01s on my car (315/30/18 on a 11inch rim). I can not compare to R888's since I never tried them. From the reviews I read of R888's they seem very equal, I'm surprised not many run the NT-01. The Nitto's have a way cool tread design, no idea how they perform in rain.

I am now currently making 706/688. They hook well in roll racing from 40mph in 2nd, minimum spinning. The NT-01 will not launch aggressively on the street with anything above 600RWHP. Also outside temperatures lower then 70 degrees or these tires not being properly warmed will result in lots of spinning. I am very happy with these tires tho, I want to try a DR next.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Only tried r888 out of the two. So far I like them. First gear sometimes dead hooks, other's not but the car is still moving forward. 2nd gear always hooks.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
I've had both. I daily drove the car with the NT-01's. They only lasted 6 months and 4,000 miles. I replaced them with the R888's. Car is no longer a daily driver but I prefer the R888's. Stock Cobra, Stock Size.

Users who are viewing this thread