NMRA/NMCA Rockingham 2023 | Drag Racing in the Carolinas

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A little rain had no chance of dampening the weekend of fun that was the NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals in Rockingham, NC. After a moist start to the weekend the racing action kicked off in perfect Southern Spring weather on Sat. We made the short drive north to meet up with long-time friends and take in the festivities. This is the 2nd year of this event, and I'm pleased to report that it appears to be growing in popularity. The track owners have made significant investments in the facilities (including an 1/8 mile of new concrete racing surface) and the local community is significantly coming out to support the race.

We took a walk through the relocated car show field, and found quite a few nice rides. For 2023, the organizers moved the show to the top of the hill which makes up the left lane grandstands. This was a great move because that area has plenty of seating, restrooms, and several food vendors available to keep everyone happy. Check out the video walk-through we shot:

The organizers also reconfigured the vendor area a bit this year. I feel it made the foot traffic in that area flow a bit better. I'm hoping this part of the event expands more over the coming years. It would be great to see a swap meet get added to the line-up. I think that would be a big hit in that area of North Carolina. Check out the video walk-through of the vendors we shot:

We had a great time at the Rockingham race, and it makes me look forward to the SVT 30th Anniversary Reunion that SVTPerformance.com is hosting at the NMRA Race in Norwalk, OH on June 9-11th. We have a lot planned for that event, with more ideas taking shape by the day. If you don't want to miss out on the action you can purchase your tickets here:

Until then, check out this small collection of photos from the NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals in Rockingham:

NMRA_Rockingham_2023_010.jpg

NMRA_Rockingham_2023_004.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_005.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_006.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_007.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_008.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_009.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_011.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_012.jpg
NMRA_Rockingham_2023_013.jpg

Last edited:

dwest731

Established Member
It’s nice to see the improvements to that track, I remember running test and tune in the early 2000s in my 92 fox body there. That area has really suffered since they took the nascar races away. The arca races and concerts brought some life back but not enough. Can’t wait to see what the future holds. Great video coverage as well!

Users who are viewing this thread