No ADM

Tank5879

Established Member
13cobra, when you say "balanced out" when approximately do you think that will be? and what does that mean?it sounds like once that happens, dealers may get additional allocations for model year 2016, is that correct?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
13cobra, when you say "balanced out" when approximately do you think that will be? and what does that mean?it sounds like once that happens, dealers may get additional allocations for model year 2016, is that correct?
Balanced out means you can't order MY16 anymore. So no, more won't be granted.

Tank5879

Established Member
gotcha, this line from your very informative post was confusing:

"Dealers won't know how many 16 GT350's they'll end up with until the 2016's are balanced out and the MY17 order banks open."

so if i understand, dealers already know how many 2016s they will get, but they don't know how many 2017s, is that accurate?
thanks!

mvic1518

Established Member
I'm talking to a dealer out of state and he says he has a allocation but doesn't know when it will be released. I've emailed him several times to check on it and he says it still hasn't been released but has talked to his district rep and she is guaranteeing him he will get his allocation. Does this sound like a true scenario or should I look elsewhere. Thanks in advance

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
gotcha, this line from your very informative post was confusing:

"Dealers won't know how many 16 GT350's they'll end up with until the 2016's are balanced out and the MY17 order banks open."

so if i understand, dealers already know how many 2016s they will get, but they don't know how many 2017s, is that accurate?
thanks!
No. Beyond the 1 promised, dealers don't know exactly how many they'll get. So, until the very last car (nationwide) for MY16 is scheduled, they won't know..once that car is scheduled, obviously they won't get any more.
I'm talking to a dealer out of state and he says he has a allocation but doesn't know when it will be released. I've emailed him several times to check on it and he says it still hasn't been released but has talked to his district rep and she is guaranteeing him he will get his allocation. Does this sound like a true scenario or should I look elsewhere. Thanks in advance
Very true scenario. Unfortunately I have 2 customer orders that are the same situation as that, right now.

krt22

Established Member
Yeah my order was on hold for 5 months before any action took place, but that should not stop them from at least placing the order.

Tank5879

Established Member
I see, so they could get more 16s, i guess I am not understanding how that is decided. when I was shopping for my Boss, my dealer knew they were getting 2. my dealer knows of only one GT350 and it is spoken for and has a build date in january. so in theory, sometime between january and when order banks for 2017 open, they potentially could get more, is that true? and if so, who or what determines that? is that the "share of nation" part of it? i guess i dont understand how they knew they were getting 2 boss 302s, but arent sure on the gt350s

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah my order was on hold for 5 months before any action took place, but that should not stop them from at least placing the order.
I'm not taking customers money for a deposit only to call them and tell them I can't get the car built.
I see, so they could get more 16s, i guess I am not understanding how that is decided. when I was shopping for my Boss, my dealer knew they were getting 2. my dealer knows of only one GT350 and it is spoken for and has a build date in january. so in theory, sometime between january and when order banks for 2017 open, they potentially could get more, is that true? and if so, who or what determines that? is that the "share of nation" part of it? i guess i dont understand how they knew they were getting 2 boss 302s, but arent sure on the gt350s
Completely different allocation process.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ok, so how will the rest be allocated for 2016?

From my understanding is that a dealer can only order if they have an allocation. Since Ford won't take anymore my16 orders this means that all of the my16 350's have been allocated.
Dealers with allocations just don't know when these vehicles will be scheduled.

Tank5879

Established Member
From my understanding is that a dealer can only order if they have an allocation. Since Ford won't take anymore my16 orders this means that all of the my16 350's have been allocated.
Dealers with allocations just don't know when these vehicles will be scheduled.

in other words, every dealer knows how many he will get, and that's it. I was understanding (and probably incorrectly on my part) 13COBRA's post as other than the 1 unit promised, that dealers may get more, and i was wondering what factors would lead to more units for MY16

this line here:
No. Beyond the 1 promised, dealers don't know exactly how many they'll get. So, until the very last car (nationwide) for MY16 is scheduled, they won't know..once that car is scheduled, obviously they won't get any more

for me, opens the door that they dont know how many they will get :shrug:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How can a dealer order another one if they get an additional allocation, let's say in Jan, if Ford is not allowing any more orders for the rest of my16?

From what I remember, the letter each dealer received told them they would recieve so many allocated 350 and R for my16 this past summer. They were not told when those allocated vehicles would be released for build however.

Could for open up more allocations to a dealer? sure. But they would also need to allow that dealer to also build and order the vehicle.

Last edited:

mvic1518

Established Member
I'm not taking customers money for a deposit only to call them and tell them I can't get the car built.

Completely different allocation process.

My dealer sent me a none refundable deposit form with our agreement on price stated on the form. He needed my bank information and the amount of deposit was on the form. I checked my bank for a few days and the deposit was never taken out; I contacted him and told him the money was still in my bank. He said he wont take the deposit until his allocation is released, which I hope will be soon.

krt22

Established Member
in other words, every dealer knows how many he will get, and that's it. I was understanding (and probably incorrectly on my part) 13COBRA's post as other than the 1 unit promised, that dealers may get more, and i was wondering what factors would lead to more units for MY16

this line here:
No. Beyond the 1 promised, dealers don't know exactly how many they'll get. So, until the very last car (nationwide) for MY16 is scheduled, they won't know..once that car is scheduled, obviously they won't get any more

for me, opens the door that they dont know how many they will get :shrug:
dealers with multiple allocations knew how many they were getting before the orders were first opened, since it is based on the previous years sale. Each mustang sold was one entry to the lottery, so the more mustangs you sell, more chances, and likely more allocations, thats why the large volume dealers have 3+ allocations where as smaller dealers may only have 1 or 2. But these are sure fire allocations, no mystery involved.

Then there is a small number of allocations ford doesnt release up front to account for damaged cars and things like that, if they go un-used then they might be released at the end of the model year, and some dealers may get a lucky extra car, not anything one would ever bank on or accept a deposit too.

I have heard of a few people reporting a situation like yours, where the dealer has an allocation but its not anywhere close to being pulled by the factory so for some reason the dealer holds off on placing the order, why that is the case im not sure. My dealer didnt have any info on when it would get pulled by placed the order right away and it just sat for 5 months on unscheduled hold.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How can a dealer order another one if they get an additional allocation, let's say in Jan, if Ford is not allowing any more orders for the rest of my16?

From what I remember, the letter each dealer received told them they would recieve so many allocated 350 and R for my16 this past summer. They were not told when those allocated vehicles would be released for build however.

Could for open up more allocations to a dealer? sure. But they would also need to allow that dealer to also build and order the vehicle.
Wrong. I can go in to work Monday and order a million of them...they just won't ever get scheduled.
dealers with multiple allocations knew how many they were getting before the orders were first opened, since it is based on the previous years sale. Each mustang sold was one entry to the lottery, so the more mustangs you sell, more chances, and likely more allocations, thats why the large volume dealers have 3+ allocations where as smaller dealers may only have 1 or 2. But these are sure fire allocations, no mystery involved.

Then there is a small number of allocations ford doesnt release up front to account for damaged cars and things like that, if they go un-used then they might be released at the end of the model year, and some dealers may get a lucky extra car, not anything one would ever bank on or accept a deposit too.

I have heard of a few people reporting a situation like yours, where the dealer has an allocation but its not anywhere close to being pulled by the factory so for some reason the dealer holds off on placing the order, why that is the case im not sure. My dealer didnt have any info on when it would get pulled by placed the order right away and it just sat for 5 months on unscheduled hold.
You're right on how they figure allocation, you're wrong on the dealers knowing how many lottery allocations they get.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would like to place and order for 1 million GT350s please
Perfect. I'll sell them to you at net. I will require a $1 nonrefundable deposit for each order, due in the next 24 hours.

I'll pm you my PayPal account.

LOL

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Perfect. I'll sell them to you at net. I will require a $1 nonrefundable deposit for each order, due in the next 24 hours.

I'll pm you my PayPal account.

LOL

Woah woah woah. I'm not interested in deposits. E-handshake or no deal

Users who are viewing this thread