No belt slip wanted.....

rexisme

Established Member
I do not want belt slip. My current setup has none, non ported blower,motoblue 2.93 and 1 motoblue idler...... My new setup will be on a stage 5 blower, i bought it w/ a 2.76 already installed, i have all the idlers, and they say that the stage 5 is like having a 2lb lower. so a 2.76 w/ that would be great but, I am afraid that i might get belt slip with it though because of that small pulley. So, should i just buy a 2.93 bf hub and get a 4lb lower. Or, stick w/ just the upper 2.76? Sticking what i have would be more beneficial since i am on a budget a little bit but, i do not want to do it half assed so.......

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
with a 2.76 upper, the new bracket, idlers and no lower, you can run the stock size belt.

If youre that concerned about it, you can notch your tensioner and run a 74.5" belt.

rexisme

Established Member
with a 2.76 upper, the new bracket, idlers and no lower, you can run the stock size belt.

If youre that concerned about it, you can notch your tensioner and run a 74.5" belt.

I have a 74.5'' belt sitting here right now. I wouldnt say i am worried its just that, well, i hate belt slip.

1stockgt

Established Member
I just had mine dynoed on Friday with basically the same parts you just put on yours, except mine has a stage 4 port. I had belt slip at the top of the power band right before 5000rpms to the end. I went from close to 14psi to like 12.1psi up top. I'm going to chage out my gatorback stock size belt with a 74.5 gates and get it back on the dyno. Mine dynoed at 472rwhp and 440rwtq with a conservative tune and belt slip.

Users who are viewing this thread