no cats

00 white lightn

Established Member
is it true you lose tq and gain hp from catless midpipes? I do not like the sound quality with no cats, it is LOUD. would catless midpipes into a maganflow cat back with x pipe sound better than catless mids into 2 40 series flowmasters. It is just really raspy and loud even when you drive it like an egg is on the gas pedal. It makes you scared to touch the pedal around cops.

SADF

Established Member
Probly the flowmaster. I have straight midpipes (no cats) and I love the sound with my maggy catback. I hear the single chamber flowmasters sound good on our trucks by themselves. I would change mufflers. Go with one chambers with cats or different muffler without.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
My track times didn't show any loss of torque after I deleted the cats. In fact they got better by .5 of a second

Last edited:

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
i just got a bassani catless mid installed and like it so far with my magnaflow catback.
it is a llittle loud but i dont daily drive the truck.

eatinlightning

i am so stressed on what i wanna go with but i think im most likly going with catless and mag catback.... i just wanna sound loud and mean, kinda scare people too ;) lol...

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Heres my setup...Dynatech LT headers, High-flo cats, Borla XR-1 Mufflers and a Magnaflow xpipe...At an idle its quiet but has a nice little throaty rumble. Once you open it up tho it'll scare people. I scared the crap outta my buddies little 2 year old daughter with them lol...heres a clip

th_ExhaustAfter.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread