no front plate in ca

saleen2002

Established Member
for all of us who live in ca and have no front plate. how do you not get ticketed ? what front plate mount options are there other then drillin holes into your bumper ?

cbr repsol

Established Member
i have no front plate and have never had issues . Ive even been pulled over for other thing...and never was the front plate a concern of the officer...lol

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Like the other poster mentioned. There are "hide-away" brackets on the market that manually or automatically dissapear for a clean look. The mounting process is located inside the air damn...so it doesn't ruin your front bumper cover. Have the plate visable while driving...make it dissappear for show or whenever. Very simple and clean install...best of both worlds IMO.

I always run a front plate now...but for a while when I had my Terminator...I didn't. I was pulled over 3 times without a plate and they basically just gave me verbal warnings about it. Some officers/agencies don't make a big deal about it but the bottom line is...not having one gives the police a reason to pull you over and check into other things. I'm sure if I had a front plate...those cops probably would never have pulled me over?

Ford Mustang, SVT Cobra, Lightning, Focus Performance Parts - Wild Pony Motorsports

661-424-0878

Should have the hide-away-brackets in stock. Tell them Dave reffered you.

:beer:

Later...Dave

Last edited:

moonltgold

Just leave it under your mat. If you get stopped throw it on the dash board -- if he asked about it say you ordered a new bracket from the dealer but it ain't in yet. 'Been in CA for 25 years, no front plate on any of my good stuff I had over the years (911 Carrera, BMW, Cobras, etc.) -- no problems. Drive respectfully but with purpose around town. They are looking for bad drivers, and the latest flavor are all these chicks still using hand-held cell phones -- that gets them up to $300 tickets so cops don't want to waste much time on your "fix it" citation.

whammy91

Established Member
i got a ticket before for it. just had my bro sign it off for me. and till this day i still drive with no plates on lol.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I've been pretty lucky about not being ticked for not having a front plate, although I will eventually get a hide away bracket.

saleen2002

Established Member
thanks every one. ill check into these options. the front plate in the front window does work i just got a ticket for improper front plate mount or something like that.

djtyau

Established Member
I used to not have a front license plate but after I got a ticket from a parking meter person for not having one I just left it permanently on. Yes, my car was parked.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
The only place I've ever had an issue with my front plates is in Westwood. That part of cali is worse than going into LAX. I got THREE tickets within two weeks for no front plates on ym C5 Z06 all while I was PARKED lol. I just paid them and moved on. I'll never put a front plate on my car, there are too many pros to not having one. For instance I was making a left at an intersection (in Westwood) and the light glitched or something and turned red and the camera flashed, too bad for them I have no front plate and my car's styling and lowered stance makes it impossible to see who's actually driving (light flashed only once, so my back plates wheren't caught). Getting saved from a $500+ moving violation > $20 fic it ticket. :)

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
My no front plate ticket was when my car was parked outside. I went outside one morning and saw the ticket on my windshield. I had just gotten the car 2 days prior to the ticket. But now its always garaged.

NemeCes

Established Member
I have a bmw that i got a ticket for not running with a front plate after about 3 months. The cop busted a u turn to get me. After that, I would only take it off for meets, track events and canyon runs w others. My stang has a front plate so no issues there.

Users who are viewing this thread