No Military Sales

Dusten

Established Member
Do any of the combat “pays” get taxed?
Depends.
If you are in a some exempt from taxes no. Hostile fire pay is pay, it would be taxed. But I don't know of an area where it's paid that isn't tax free

Dusten

Established Member
See how much tax I pay.
That just depends on location. I just got home from deployment

One picture is from before, one after

Obviously as a lowly e7 I make much less than you
38c8f1818f09743122f5ddd71bff3576.jpg
4e78c5fc4e1d4aa4d2e785e0f5fcf5aa.jpg

PIPO

Established Member
Good lord! TSP some of that money and use more exemptions. I hate taxes!

Dusten

Established Member
Good lord! TSP some of that money and use more exemptions. I hate taxes!
That's after tsp and such.

My wife's income plus mine puts us in an awful tax bracket. With her putting 15% into her 401k we still paid 2k this year after all was said and done. That's itemizing, mortgage interest, property taxes.... We make enough we don't even get the deduction for our kids ..

But, I only have a few months left. Fleet reserve starts the 1st of oct....

PIPO

Established Member
Really? And you still pay that much federal taxes? I TSP 45% of the base pay. That’s why I barely pay any federal taxes and still get some back...with the wife working.

Dusten

Established Member
Really? And you still pay that much federal taxes? I TSP 45% of the base pay. That’s why I barely pay any federal taxes and still get some back...with the wife working.

My wife is a controller for a large aerospace manufacturing company. She makes considerably more than me.

PIPO

Established Member
I’m just talking about your LES. $685 in federal taxes while putting money in TSP seems like a lot of money. Unless you set it up as single with zero exemptions.

Dusten

Established Member
I’m just talking about your LES. $685 in federal taxes while putting money in TSP seems like a lot of money. Unless you set it up as single with zero exemptions.
I'm setup single and Zero.

And I still end up owing.

PIPO

Established Member
Well, MAS ended up getting 4 allocations and I won one of them. I kinda knew that was going to happen anyway, that’s why that CFTP has been on my signature for a few months now lol. I didn’t get it on the first ballot but whoever did backed out and they called me.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well, MAS ended up getting 4 allocations and I won one of them. I kinda knew that was going to happen anyway, that’s why that CFTP has been on my signature for a few months now lol. I didn’t get it on the first ballot but whoever did backed out and they called me.
Awsome

James Robinson

Heya, I am PCS'ing to Germany. As far as you know, the four MAS allocations are already spoken for?

Softballer77

Established Member
So, are you getting it? I was told by my MAS rep that there is another redraw (3rd one now) on the 25th because the 2 that get drawn keep backing out.
I'm crossing my fingers I get called. I told him, if I get chosen, this guy is NOT backing out. It's sold as far as I'm concerned.

Softballer77

Established Member
Or...you are getting the 350r? I was told 2 allocations for the 500, and 2 for the GT350R. Actually, I think that's what the form said, wasn't it? Which did you put in for?

James Robinson

So, are you getting it? I was told by my MAS rep that there is another redraw (3rd one now) on the 25th because the 2 that get drawn keep backing out.
I'm crossing my fingers I get called. I told him, if I get chosen, this guy is NOT backing out. It's sold as far as I'm concerned.

I just spoke with a MAS rep, he said he is tracking that in all of MAS they have two GT500 slots and two GT350R slots and people keep backing out. I told him to put me on the list for GT500 and then GT350R as backup.

He did say "his" customer has a GT500 slot secured, so not sure if they are just doing a redraw for the one remaining or what?

Softballer77

Established Member
I was told them same, but it was only for those who put in for the drawing prior to 30 Sept. Don't think they are actually taking new peeps for that drawing. If so...i may be a little upset. lol

PIPO

Established Member
Yes, I’m getting 1 GT500. I put a $3k non refundable downpayment.

Users who are viewing this thread