no more 20 hour shifts

Lightningfr

Banned
this is the last 20 hour shift ill be talked into doing this is crap how are you suppose to stay awake still have 6 hours :fart:

graveyard + dayshift= fun Saturday!

least its overtime so one of the cars get a new toy maybe :coolman:

shhak

Established Member
I usually work 12-18 hours a day 7 days a week. And it's not "sitting at a desk" work either. Usually operating heavy equipment or driving a truck. The good thing is that I only work 4-6 months out of the year. There is no way I could handle it all year long.

canibus

Established Member
damn, 20 hrs. that's usually what i pull in my poker sessions but i'm used to those. work is a different story

Lightningfr

Banned
im still here 2 more hours

10 hours ot for me today wu hu

lets see $500-taxes equall about 75$ :mj:

ill see you at the wsop :beer:

Last edited:

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
I get the wonderful swingshift work. 7 days of each shift(7-3, 3-11, 11-7) one weekend a month off. Work anywhere from 8 to 16 hours a day.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i work some long-ass shifts, but for the majority of them, there's some decent 'downtime' where i can sit back and zone out--sometimes significant amounts of downtime. every once in a while i get my ass absolutely kicked for 30 hours--these are few and far between, but they suck.

morrison_205

Established Member
i work 10hr shifts 5 days a week but in our busy season its all the hours you can put in and then some. i did two 90hr weeks last summer and that was the most time ive ever put on a two week check haha

Last edited:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
i work 10hr shifts 5 days a week but in our busy season its all the hours you can put in and then some. i did two 90hr weeks last summer and that was the most time ive ever put on a two week check haha

where do you work?

i normally work 6 days a week and get about 10 hours a day, with a saturday off every now and then, when summer comes around i get stuck working 100+ hours a week, most of the time i spend sitting on my ass though. especially nights when im alone at the lab for 12 hours, and i only have to do 1 sample all night.:rockon:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
eh for awhile right after college i was working at a paint shop going 76 hours in 5 days.

I know how ya feel man

endless381

Established Member
Ive been working 8 hours a day 5 days a week but I think im pretty sure I got a part time job so now i'll be going in at 7am an getting off at 9pm...........

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
The worst I've had was 7am-4am, then wake up at 6am and work for 10 more hours.

03cobramanIII

Banned
i cant pull 8 hours at a real job anymore, that being a mech too. i hate bosses. i got to be my own. with 20 great customers i keep busy. not to mention the bad customers 30 or so.

CASH ONLY! no checks made out for cash. why people dont know cash is green!

Users who are viewing this thread