No Offroad Warranty***

jesse101

Established Member
I dont even know where to begin, thats basically how my day went with Ford, SVT, and service managers,.

Be VERY VERY careful when you are out offroading...and if something DOES break, or something does go wrong, do a TON of research as to who you bring it to for warranty work.

I am totally disappointed with SVT and FORD as to how they added stipulations or clauses, to basically cover ANYTHING offroad related.

they can easily say its the owners fault for just about anything, or neglect.

read a couple of pages under your warranty, if the service manager, or ford tech thinks you were offroading with your vehicle, they can by all means decline any warranty work.

i know there are some people who have recently gotten warranty work done WHILE offroading, but he was fortunate enough to find a dealership that understands what this vehicle was made for. My tire warranty says anything below 12K miles should have 100% tread life left...i got 5700 miles and they declined to replace my tire.

The last time i went offroading was at Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs, was very light and never got stock or free spin the tires.

i recently did an oil change and tire rotation at 3000 miles (approx) and there were no signs of damage on my tires...

today i wake up, and i looked at my tires and i noticed the inside bead was breaking off, like in pieces...i can literally pull rubber off of the tire. again...only on ONE TIRE...front right passenger side tire to be exact, and all i have been doing since pikes peak is highway driving.

I looked in my manual, noticed the warranty states how if the tire has less than 12K miles on it, it should essentially have 100% tread life left...and SHOULD be covered under warranty...BULLSHIT

I was like "whew" went to the dealership, and they even said it was odd that its only on one tire...their prick of a service manager comes out and he says "looks like you been offroading, i see dirt in the wheel wells" i asked him "why should it matter? thats the intended purpose of this vehicle" and little that he knew, i wasnt, just went on a couple of gravel roads when it was snowing...merely going to and from work

come to find out, i was wrong...he said that the tire looked like it was damaged due to other things besides a manufacturer problem...i asked what are you using for a reference...well its the same paragraph that lists the all mighty clause as what i listed above.

I will have to pay for this tire out of my own pocket, and Ford, SVT and customer support agrees cause they cant make that determination...

again..the last time i went offroading, and its even listed on this site was months ago at pikes peak, i got my tires rotated after the fact and looked fine...i personally feel like its a tire issue, freaking thing looks horrible. here is a pic of whats happening to my tire:

IMG00120-20100331-1109.jpg

He said that i have cuts in it, which relates to me free spinning the tire, and thats the sign of it...

i was like what? i was like "i didnt even go offroading here recently, its been a while and you guys know when i rotated them, there were no signs of any damage" all i have been doing is highway driving and driving through gravel roads to and from work...this isnt common for this tire, first for me anyhow.

SVT said that it wouldnt matter if i had 100 miles on them, thats the nature of the beast offroading...

i then asked "what did you guys do in Anza Borrego? did you change them out after every 100 miles?" they said no...but it looked like normal tire wear...

I was like, then WTF about the other 3 tires? they are still BRAND NEW!!!!!! they been going through everything the same as this ONE tire...

im livid and heated, im totally discouraged about even seeing dirt with my truck, SVT wont and cant back you on anything...and Ford customer support WILL believe ANYTHING what the dealer tells them.

I guess i better get cracking on sending them 40 dollars to make my SVT certificate, now that im spending 300 dollars ona tire that they feel is my fault. bullshit

I posted this on a another forum, but i am hoping anybody with a raptor or who is even thinking about buying one, take this into consideration...one of the best selling points for me was that this thing kept its warranty no matter if you go offroading or not...but this dealership told me they can in fact and they DID use that against me.

im way done going offroading with this truck, no way in hell am i risking myself to purchase a shock or a tranny...just because my truck saw dirt. :shrug:

Last edited:

stradt03

Established Member
well on the positive side, you can buy from Discount Tire and get the certificates on the new tire. You can also put them on the remaining 3 tires on the truck.

jesse101

Established Member
well on the positive side, you can buy from Discount Tire and get the certificates on the new tire. You can also put them on the remaining 3 tires on the truck.

dont matter man, its how they handled it is what tosses a huge red flag for me, and it isnt just the dealership, its SVT, and thats what bothers me most.

in all the reviews, clips, movies...their biggest boast was this:

"this truck comes as is, what other truck do you know of that you can buy that is fully offroad capable, that comes with a warranty?"

aparently, not this truck...according to SVT, and this was their supervisor or manager, or whatever his name was, which i was too heated to even hear it, when i asked him

"what would be the deal if this was my shock?"

he said "if it was due to the customer, basically intentially blew the shock out, and or if it wasnt a parts issue or a mechanical issue, customer is fully responsible for replacement"

i then asked, how do you determine this?

he then answered "we do an analysis" basically, they determine how you broke said part...which if you WERE in fact offroading, they take that into account, and can and will be held against you.

i was blown away...im still shocked. out of all places and people, i would think SVT would be on the customers side, or be WANTING to help us out...

he told me i must have been doing some serious offroading...i told them "hell if i could do a FRACTION of what you guys so called did out at Anza Borrego, i would be a happy man and wouldnt think twice...but i didnt"

now im really doubting the fact that they even ran 2K miles straight...they probably ran 100 miles at a time and replaced tires...cause thats what they basically told me, an easy 100 miles offroad can do that to your tires..

so i guess these tires being rated at 60K means nothing.

jesse101

Established Member
im Livid...SVT is bogus and nowhere near what they use to be...

i even asked about why we have to pay 40 dollars for the certificate, he said thats how they make a living...

i mentioned wouldnt sales be a direct reflection of that? he laughed...and said its more complicated..

this is what we deal with now, i dont know who left or what changed, but this sucks, and i hope they go back to lightnings, cause this Raptor turned out to be a sales gimmick.

jesse101

Established Member
I agree, but when you call BFG, you know what they tell you?

they say you need to go to an authorized BFG dealer...and guess what ford is? an authorized dealer LOL

this isnt just with tires either man, i spoke with SVT and either they were filling my head up with a bunch of BS, but they said it themselves, if you are offroading, and you blow out your shock, or your front A-arm breaks, guess what...they can justify by all means how they do not need to cover your vehicle. they will leave that determination up to a ford Tech, and once he looks at it, he can say it was customer neglect and or abuse, and you will be liable for any and all charges to fix the repair.

I hope he was filling my head up with bullshit, cause thats messed up if thats even true! they blamed this tire on me driving on gravel roads....seriously

Last edited:

jesse101

Established Member
its not Ford, it was SVT that made that call with the dealership, its in the system, they wont touch it with a 10 foot pole.

jesse101

Established Member
I wish I remembered their supervisors name, I was too livid to even ask.

I believe it might have been Mark or something along those lines, also, their supervisor jumped on the line to talk to the service manager personally while I was in the office on speaker phone.

After he said the service manager was being more than fair with me, I then called him personally again, and that's when he started saying how its part of offroading and I need to expect to pay for these sort of things on my own, and then that's when I asked about the shocks or any other items...and that's when he hit me with the big clause.

The dealership is spradley barr ford in cheyenne wy, the service manager was the individual who instantly said "nope will not cover since you been offroading with the vehicle"

Him and SVT said the same, and that's when they basically told me I need to go through somebody else...which I did and they took everything into account and are willing to help me...

I had to go to sears man....would you believe that? Sears of all places would help me, who never sold me the truck, who never designed the truck, who never even questioned much of anything, but why ford didn't cover it, "its their truck wtf?"

Downfall, it could take weeks or even months to get a new tire. I just ordered one, 180 dollars, the other downfall, its not the same compound, doesn't have the same slices and so on, so road noise might be aparent.

It was SVT supervision...I could call them back and get names, as he was the individual who also explained the certificates.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I will say that the dealer does have a point. That tire does look like one that has be spinning in large gravel. We see it a lot when running on the railroad tracks.

jesse101

Established Member
Forgot to add, there is also a TSB for this truck, for whatever reason its not released to FORD to disperse out to the current 5.4 owners, it deals with the transmission, as I also tried explaining my tranny issues and how I was worried how they won't cover it. He didn't even want to look at my transmission after I told him about it.

And the whole customer complaint bullshit, it don't work, they messed up my first oil change when I got my tires rotated at just shy of 4K, and nothing ever came of it.

The service manager couldn't even explain the differences between this transmission or a regular F150 tranny...he had no clue, told ford customer support, nothing came of it.

I called back yesterday, and again, no reports of any such issues.

Now that they are selling vehicles, they could care less about the customer. Its going back to the 90's when we had cars catch on fire or firestone tires blow out and ford didn't want to be held liable...

jesse101

Established Member
I'm not driving on railroad tracks, this tires warranty states it should have 100% tread life at 12K miles, my truck has 5K...

They JUST checked it at 4K, and no issues...Sears is covering it, so what does that tell you about Ford?

It also doesn't just end with tires, read my post as to what they said, if you are offroading period, you can be held liable, this truck was made for offroading, this isn't a lightning obviously, so it should essentially see dirt...

Don't buy this truck if you want to go offroading cause you can be liable for any repairs, like for instance my tranny...I never crashed or anything, but since I went offroading, they will have to get a ford tech to see who is at fault. Its bullshit...I might have to pay for those repairs.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
100% tread at 12k miles? My god, those must be some advanced NASA tires lol.

jesse101

Established Member
Actually if you read the tire warranty, its 100 at 12K or less, its 80 at 20K and it goes on...

Basically at 5700 miles, your tire should not be falling apart, and BFG knows this and the average person should not be able to pull chunks from the tire. Too bad Ford shys away from anything.

I'm actually having valid issues with my tranny, noticed it a while back, but it was really faint, now the noise has increased and gradually became a problem...

And guess what Fords reaction was with the tranny...SVT even mentioned it as well..

If you are offroading, you can and will be held liable for any and all damages. They are bringing out a Ford Tech to look at my tranny to determine probable cause. This is at a totally different dealership.

Buyers beware, this does NOT come with an offroad warranty, its a lie. Its not any different from your normal FX4!!!!!! Or F-150 period. Like I said, this is not an SVT vehicle, they look at it like if it was just a normal light duty truck....that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Take it for what its worth, if I could or had enough money to do it, I would send this truck back with a stuffed clown and a box of condoms to SVT and tell them thanks for the ride.

jesse101

Established Member
My apologies for even saying this truck was something more than just a lifted F150, cause that's what they compare it to and that's how they will treat it.

I feel like a total moron for believing anything what was said about this truck. I was the first person to say anything positive, you can check out all of my posts, I had nothing but positive things to say about it, and I had the misconception that it is in fact covered for anything offroad related.

I waited months for this truck, paid more than the average joe for this truck and I felt it was all justifiable considering what it was made for. I took vids having fun with this sales gimick, even took the fam out in it, everything just got shot down once I really stood back and noticed what their true intentions were.

I should have known better, should have stuck with my SVT mustang, at least you knew what you were getting.

Fun while it lasted...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
it doesn't come with an off road warranty?
well no shit!

tire issue aside, you are seriously naive if you actually thought that ford would cover any kind of damage what so ever that was a result of off-roading. you don't think jeep has an "off road warranty" do you? or hummer?

and no, ford has never said that there is any sort of "offroad warranty". they aren't that stupid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread