No power once in 3rd gear?

jp2134

Established Member
I was recently running on a local 8th mile. I haven't been to the track in over 6 years so I won't get into how horrible my 60' times were... I'm running a CAI, Tune, Boss IM, and axlebacks.

I shift out of 1st around 6800, 2nd around 7500, go into 3rd and get nothing out of it. It holds the rpms and sounds like crap. No increase in acceleration at all. If anyone has ever had bad cats, that's exactly what it feels like.

What is causing this? Tune? MT82?

jp2134

Established Member
I tried it in all 3 modes. The only time it didn't happen was when I took 5 minutes to shift into 3rd.
The tune is decent, from diablo, it put down 401. My highest trap was 84...

N20D5OH

Established Member
Sounds like torque limiting isn't disabled. I about shit the first time I hit 3rd in mine with my tune.

jp2134

Established Member
I asked the guy from diablo to tune it while I waited on bama(still waiting) to correct the crap I got from them before. it hit a whopping 379/353, so the 401 was much better.
He said it would be very conservative compare to others, but wouldn't that happen in other gears too?

N20D5OH

Established Member
Honestly, I don't know. I'm not sure what the parameters look like per gear or if there even is any per gear. Hopefully my buddy that tunes my car or someone else will chime in.

jp2134

Established Member
Yeah, hopefully.
I'm not sure but I may have had it happen in 5th once while data logging. I don't get much of a chance to get in that gear at WOT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread