No Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show

Orange Poison

Established Member
Well, got off the phone right now with SVT and the fella I spoke to said there will be NO production Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show. :cuss: Only at the Detroit show. That certainly is a buzz kill for me.

BTW: When the person answered the phone he said "Ford Performance" not SVT anymore :shrug:

Blackie

Blue Poison said:
Well, got off the phone right now with SVT and the fella I spoke to said there will be NO production Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show. :cuss: Only at the Detroit show. That certainly is a buzz kill for me.

BTW: When the person answered the phone he said "Ford Performance" not SVT anymore :shrug:

Is that right!? That F*cking sucks! :cuss: :cuss: I'm going on Sunday (maybe Friday night too) and this is a total let down!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I knew it wasn't going to be there. But I'm still gonna get loaded and take tons of pics at the show like I do every year :pepper:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Those are some good pics.....but it looks essentially the same as last year. :shrug: Crap, I don't know if I'm gonna go :bored:

I guess we'll have to wait for the boys over in Detroit to post up some pics...

Last edited:

marcs93

Established Member
Premium Member
:banana: I went to the auto show last nite (Thursday 1/5/05)and talked to the guy talking about the mustang and he said the gt500 WILL be at the show.They will be bringing it out after the debut at Detroit on Sunday.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
marcs93 said:
:banana: I went to the auto show last nite (Thursday 1/5/05)and talked to the guy talking about the mustang and he said the gt500 WILL be at the show.They will be bringing it out after the debut at Detroit on Sunday.

Hmmm :bs:

marcs93

Established Member
Premium Member
The guy I spoke to said he didn't know if it would be the show or production model.He seemed to be well informed about the car.

thelastz28

American Muscle
Established Member
I went to the L.A. auto show on Friday. The Shelby GT500 wasnt there neither was the Challenger or the Camaro. I might go back this week to see if any of those cars show up. :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Blue Poison said:
Damn....I was hoping they'd have a coupe. I guess I'll have to check out that boat of a convertible :poke:

Ahoy Captain! Permission to come aboard.. :nonono:

TEABG

Banned
Saw the GT500 near Union Station today. So it should be there. It was a red Conv and the driver was a real tight ass. White older male in a suite and it was real shiny.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
Some pics FasterTraffic posted up on MW, he went to the L.A. show today (1/11)

camaroconcept_front.jpg

shelbygt500_tall.jpg

No GT500 coupe, and no Dodge Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread