No spark 95 gt 5.0

Sn95steve

Established Member
Hey guys I just got this 95 GT in addition to my 98 Cobra. New to the 5 liter Realm. The car sat for about a year. After jump starting the car and ran and then died out. We're not getting any Spark. I've already replaced the ignition coil, ignition module, distributor, cap and rotor, and also tried a different ignition switch. I didn't like the way the switch function so I changed it back to the original. I've gone through all the tests in the Haynes manual. Checking resistance and voltage. I have consistent voltage going into the primary wires of the coil from what the battery is putting out. But I cannot get the coil to generate a spark to the distributor cap. I've done all the continuity test on the ignition switch ignition module ignition coil and spout (little black plastic plug near ignition module) I also have 12 volts at the fuel injector harnesses. I've swapped in and out all the various new and old parts with no change. What else should I be testing? Why do I have power to the ignition coil but can't get any spark out I get power out of the ignition coil nipple where the wire goes from the coil to the distributor cap but does not generate Spark. What is my problem? You guys have been absolutely wonderful and see what you guys can do with a 5.0. I'm No rookie under the hood so don't be afraid to get technical. I've literally tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sluggie24

Established Member
Have you checked for a pulse signal coming out of the pickup in the distributor? If that isn't working the coil won't fire and the injectors won't pulse. You would need to use a scope to properly check for that waveform. Have you already checked the injectors with a noid light to see if they are getting pluse signals?

Sn95steve

Established Member
Have you checked for a pulse signal coming out of the pickup in the distributor? If that isn't working the coil won't fire and the injectors won't pulse. You would need to use a scope to properly check for that waveform. Have you already checked the injectors with a noid light to see if they are getting pluse signals?
Tried 2 different distributors

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread