Not open for further replies.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
T56 is such a garbage Transmission

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Trond Sundby

Established Member
I had the trans out of the car, again, last weekend, just to ensure the noise is really coming from the gearbox. And yes. Definitely it´s from the gearbox. Just by turning the output shaft by hand I could clearly hear the noise form the inside of the gearbox, not from the input or output nut somewhere in the mittle. Could it be the countershaft? But then, why is it perfect inside.. Unbelievable

Dave.O

Established Member
Does it by chance have straight cut gears?
They are noisy

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SonicBlueNick

Established Member
I just did a completely overhaul on my t56. It basically has all new bronze/billet everything. The only thing not replaced new was the gears themselves. They were repointed. Brand new clutch, fly wheel, everything to go with it, etc. 4th and 5th make the same whining noise you describe. I think it might just be how these transmission are. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Trond Sundby

Established Member
I could live with some noise, but this is way out of acceptable . When warm, I can barely hear the motor. I´m starting to believe that the gears are done, and the edges are slightly bent on at the top. That would also explain why the sound does not appear in revers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread