Non-abrasive fuel line wrap

RBB

Established Member
I’ve got some nice Project 321 coil covers sitting on the shelf, but haven't put them on yet. The braided stainless fuel line going from the back of my driver's side fuel rail to my regulator rests on top of the coil cover and I don't want it rubbing on this thing and ruining the finish.

I've been looking for some wrap or heat shield to put over that section of the line and everything I see on Summit/Jegs looks like it has a rough, aluminized finish to it, which isn't going to help me out either. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a non-abrasive wrap or cover suitable for fuel line?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
There are fabric covered fuel lines available too. That's what I ended up doing. I've tried using split sections of rubber hose to keep the braided stainless from scratching my coil covers and adding girth to the fuel lines creates its own problems.

RBB

Established Member
Fragola makes a nice PTFE line that has a smoked cover, that would be my first option.

There are fabric covered fuel lines available too. That's what I ended up doing. I've tried using split sections of rubber hose to keep the braided stainless from scratching my coil covers and adding girth to the fuel lines creates its own problems.
I don't really want to change out the line at this point. My first thought was to split some heater hose and wrap a small piece around that section, but like you said, adds bulk and looks crappy. Found this stuff on Amazon last night called Xtreme Tape, might be just what I'm looking for.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't care to do it either, but it solved a lot of problems for me. I already mounted the supercharger so the stainless line in the rear of the fuel rails will have to wait until I have a reason to remove it.... or upgrade it.

Dreadknought

Regardless of what material you use to cover the line, if it touches the covers they are going to eventually leave wear marks. Even the factory plastic wiring harness will wear into the cam covers over time.
The most effective solution would be to fabricate a small bracket to hold the fuel line up off the cam cover. This will prevent any contact at all.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Egr tube cover for my return line. :)
20180403_202430.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread