Non Running 02 GT Kenne bell. many mods 7k

GBarnes67

Established Member
Pittsburgh PA Text 412 303 7340 for pics

First and foremost, there is an issue with the engine. On a full throttle pull, 4th gear it sucked all the coolant into the block itself. I believe it has a blown head gasket and maybe a spun rod bearing or bent rod. Starts and runs but very rough and I’ve only tested that once for a couple seconds right after the issue.
I’ve owned this car for 4 years and I truly loved this car. I planned on building it with an MMR 1000 long block and a ton of other stuff but I have a lot of student loans to pay and it has been sitting in my garage collecting dust since it blew in march 2015. So I’ll just have to wait until I get a solid job out of school to play with mustangs again.
It is a 2002 mustang GT. I am the second owner of this car and I bought it with 78k miles. It now has 110k and it always ran amazing. I have always been proud of it. It has never let me down in any way shape or form nor the guy who owned it before me until march. Changed with synthetic Mobil 1 or Synthetic Royal purple every 3k. Most of the miles are highway. The owner before me had it in Germany as he was stationed there. I drive it a lot in the summer and I drive 80 miles to work and it is all highway. But it has always been garage kept and washed gently 2 times per week whenever I had a chance. It has never seen snow or salt since I go to school at Pitt and stays in a heated garage under a car cover all winter and I don’t drive it until the salt is off the road. I’m paranoid about the car. It never gets parked near other cars because I don’t trust that other people care about their cars the way I do. Price for the car is 7k FIRM. Most of the parts have less than 10k miles and a complete used 4.6 engine is 1-2k dollars. I’ve found them from private sellers for even less.
MODS:
Steeda CAI
Intercooled Kenne Bell 2.1 supercharger kit and all supporting mods w/
Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump
42# injectors
10 psi pulley
BBK Long tube ceramic coated
BBK o/r x pipe
SLP loudmouth 1 cat back and still no cel
Pro 5.0 short throw shifter
Stock rear gears
I might be forgetting something and it might have more done. I have receipts for most of it in a giant folder

Suspension:
H&R super sport lowering springs about a 1.5in drop with rubber isolators still in
Maximum motorsports caster camber plates
Stock springs will go with it if needed

Interior:
I’d give it a solid 8/10 with everything working except the passenger side window control (must have gotten wet or something) and one small rip on seam of driver seat.
Fully loaded
Black leather interior
Red Floor mats
Autometer Boost gauge and Fuel pressure gauge
Mach 460 and 6 disk cd changer

Exterior:
It gets a 7.5/10. Paint is flawless with exception of rock chips in front. The car gets attention everywhere. Gas stations, car shows, driving down the road you name it. The pictures are not edited in anyway and my phone’s camera does it no justice
Black fuel door
New tinted front headlights
Rear taillights are tinted with decal kit
Plasti dipped spoiler and between taillights. I have removed it plenty of times and will come right off.
Mach 1 chin guard
Mach 1 grill delete kit
Cobra R replica wheels 18x9 in front, deep dish style 18x10 in rear
Shorty antenna
30% tint

Users who are viewing this thread