North Korea has a nuke??

slidai

Established Member
Aren't they decades behind actually getting it right?

From what I've read, considering the successful launch of their recent rocket, they could be as close as 3-5 years away before they could attach a nuclear warhead to said rocket and reach Hawaii or parts of Alaska.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
From what I've read, considering the successful launch of their recent rocket, they could be as close as 3-5 years away before they could attach a nuclear warhead to said rocket and reach Hawaii or parts of Alaska.

or hopefully, California

Digital

Established Member

Who comes up with these numbers? 3-5 years is a huge gap in time. Why would you launch a nuke from your country on a rocket? You'd think it would be way easier to put it on a boat and detonate it in harbor or an airplane for maximum air burstage.
I'd like to see the size of their current devices. You can make a bomb but making it small and portable is a much different story. If the one they keep testing under ground is the size of a city bus and takes months to prep then it isn't much threat. If it's the size of a mattress and only a few hours to prep then we have problems.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Lol their last test never reached critical mass iirc.

Their pyongyang Rocket has less targeting ability than most amateur model rockets.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, North Korea has nukes. No, they cannot presently reach us with a bomber or an ICBM. Yes, they could send in the nuke on a cargo ship or a civilian airliner. Yes, you are in more danger picking up your phone call while driving than you are from Korea. No, losing California would not be a bad thing. Yes, I have no credentials to make any of these statements.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Yes, North Korea has nukes. No, they cannot presently reach us with a bomber or an ICBM. Yes, they could send in the nuke on a cargo ship or a civilian airliner. Yes, you are in more danger picking up your phone call while driving than you are from Korea. No, losing California would not be a bad thing. Yes, I have no credentials to make any of these statements.

Post of the decade here ^^^^^

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Putin is in charge of Russia and were worried about North Korea having a Nuke?

Above anything North Korea is a puppet of China and China would not allow them to attack us.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

Bam

Putin is in charge of Russia and were worried about North Korea having a Nuke?

Above anything North Korea is a puppet of China and China would not allow them to attack us.

And Bam

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
In theory, even if they did manage to get something remotely close to us, couldn't we just shoot it out of the sky, and life would carry on as normal?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Their new young leader is flexing his muscles. This recent nuclear test will definitely bring new sanctions and that will further enflame North Korea. China, their only major ally, joined other UN members in opposition, but China hasn't shown that they are willing to exert major pressure on them. North Korea is playing the brat child, but they're reaching a point of "what have we got to lose" IMO. They naively believe that by pursuing their goal of having a nuclear device capable of reaching the U.S. that we, and the UN, will give in to them. Hopefully the new sanctions will be so tight and constrictive that they will finally give in to the pressure and scrap their nuclear program. Doubtful, though, since North Koreans seem willing to endure hardship for the sake of their government while hating the West, and China keeps voting against major new sanctions but instead supports minor ones. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread