NOT a good day - Another SHELBY lost

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I was on my way to a friends house this morning, while sitting at a red light I was rearended by a man who never saw me until he was right on me, which tells me he also didnt see the red light. Approximate speed at impact was 54mph. Obviously, he was charged, I wasnt. Anyway, what you cant see from the pictures Ill post tomorrow are the buckles and the cracks in the roof, rear axle is toast front left fender is also trash. My seat broke at its pivot point and the head rest is bent backward. Im getting more sore by the hour in my back and right calf area. Car only had 25K miles on it and I took good care of it. Maybe a 2012 is in my future, we will see!

PICS ARE UP

http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr305/08snake_photo/Car Wreck/

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
I was on my way to a friends house this morning, while sitting at a red light I was rearended by a man who never saw me until he was right on me, which tells me he also didnt see the red light. Approximate speed at impact was 54mph. Obviously, he was charged, I wasnt. Anyway, what you cant see from the pictures Ill post tomorrow are the buckles and the cracks in the roof, rear axle is toast front left fender is also trash. My seat broke at its pivot point and the head rest is bent backward. Im getting more sore by the hour in my back and right calf area. Car only had 25K miles on it and I took good care of it. Maybe a 2012 is in my future, we will see!

ouch !!!!,
hope that your doing ok, your health comes first, as for the car.... very sad but it can be replce

speednutz

Established Member
Glad your alive and somewhat O.K. @ 54 mph you certainly could have been toast !
Glad he got the ticket and hope to heck he's got insurance !
I'll bet you woulda liked to kick em in the groin !! :bash:

Van@RevanRacing

Good to hear you are ok. Take care of yourself. You'll have another GT500 in the near future. That must have been one heck of a hit. I lived in Tampa for 5 years, where did the accident happen?

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
The shelby held up really well for an impact like that. You should definitely go to a med clinic and get x rays etc if your feeling pain, you never know.

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
My biggest fear is other drivers, but it's nature of the beast on the road at times. Most important your Okay...Shelby can be replaced.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Don't wait on medical attention. My dad was rear ended about twenty years ago and because he waited a few days before going to the hospital, well, he hasn't been quite the same since. Glad you are OK but take care of yourself. Hope you can get that 2012.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
I was on my way to a friends house this morning, while sitting at a red light I was rearended by a man who never saw me until he was right on me, which tells me he also didnt see the red light. Approximate speed at impact was 54mph. Obviously, he was charged, I wasnt. Anyway, what you cant see from the pictures Ill post tomorrow are the buckles and the cracks in the roof, rear axle is toast front left fender is also trash. My seat broke at its pivot point and the head rest is bent backward. Im getting more sore by the hour in my back and right calf area. Car only had 25K miles on it and I took good care of it. Maybe a 2013 is in my future, we will see!

glad your ok man, go get checked things happen and wont show for days

p.s i fixed your quote!

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
This is the 2nd story I have read in past 2 days where someone is sitting at a red light and they get rear ended! Man glad you are okay, everyone else keep an eye on the rear view!!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Is great you walked away from it, but you are not ok. Rear end collisions are a jolt to the body and the only reason you are not seriously hurt is because your body was not tense when it happened . Being relaxed actually let your muscle react and absorb impact.

With that said, now your body will start the healing process. Which their could be damage to a number of muscles you cannot see or feel. So get to someone and let them check you out assap. At 54 mph you took quite a blow.

As for your car, yeah it sucks hard core. but perhaps a 13, or a 12 will help ease the pain.

Good luck.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Get to a hospital and get a lawyer. Don't talk to anyone until you have done both and don't post up any medical details here.

Stevo151

Established Member
Wow that's crazy... I'm glad your ok man. But like others are saying go to the doctors and get checked up ASAP! Sorry about the car but your life is way more important and cannot be replaced like a car can. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get everything figured

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Thanks everyone, I feel today like I have been run over. Not much of anything that doesnt hurt, Im going back to Dr tomorrow and I will be calling my lawyer, hes already aware of it. Ill get those pictures up today, just havent sat down long enough to do it, hurts like hell sitting here, but I will get them up. And I also will be getting daylight pics tomorrow as well. Yes everyones right, it could have been much worse seeing as the impact zone was on the left rear. My seat broke backward and my head bent the headrest backwards, which is probably why my neck hurts like hell. More to follow......w/pics cause I know this is SVTP and without pics it aint true, LOL!

08KR525

Established Member
You've got to get checked out asap. It's better to be safe than sorry. You don't want to get feeling so bad that you can't move. As for the Shelby, did the airbags go off? After you get to feeling better, I'd remove my mods if the Shelby is a total and find a deal on a '12 if you can't score a '13. Good luck with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread