Not A Repost VIDEO: GM releases Corvette ZR1's 7:26.4 Ring attack

Quiksilver98

This space for rent
Established Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/10/video-gm-releases-corvette-zr1s-7-26-4-ring-attack/

The General has released the in-car footage of the Corvette ZR-1 lapping the Nurburgring in 7:26.4, hitting 180 mph on the 12.9-mile straight and beating out the Z06's time, set in 2005 by Jan Magnussen by almost 17 seconds. Jim Mero is behind the wheel and just as a reminder; the lap was done on the same Michelin Pilot Sport 2s as the production model, and retains the same ride height, engine calibrations and emissions equipment, along with running pump gas.

Enjoy! :beer:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Dammit I was just about to post this lol. ZR1 FTW!

The Nurburgring looks like a brutal track btw.

PsychoPhyr

Established Member
I almost wet myself just watching how on the edge he was through those high speed areas. Really good driving

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's what it feels like when I play Gran Turismo. It's crazy that the game is so similar to real life.

musclefan21

Established Member
i was amazed how that thing was accelerating from like 60mph to 160mph. insanly quick. I can't believe, that dude 25psi is thinking GTR is quicker that this machine.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
did anybody else notice the clock started and stopped at different points on the track.... they turned the timer on about another 1000 feet down the track from where they turned it off... he pulled into the pits on a spot on the track that is behind where he started

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
did anybody else notice the clock started and stopped at different points on the track.... they turned the timer on about another 1000 feet down the track from where they turned it off... he pulled into the pits on a spot on the track that is behind where he started

Someone pointed that out in the comments and it has been said that it stopped like that on videos of the TGR and other cars as well

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
That was very impressive and I'm not bashing at all, it was obviously hella fast, but frankly I was little surprised that the car topped out at only 175 mph on that last long straight? It's my understanding that straight is somewhere in the neighborhood of a mile long and frankly I expected to see a terminal speed closer to 200? :shrug:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I believe there was a strong headwind that day from what I read

Makes sense. I guess I just figured given everything I've read about this care hp/weight ratio I was hoping to see a production car closer to 200 . . . like 175 is somehow a weak number! :eek: Spoiled public expectations! :whine:

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
That was very impressive and I'm not bashing at all, it was obviously hella fast, but frankly I was little surprised that the car topped out at only 175 mph on that last long straight? It's my understanding that straight is somewhere in the neighborhood of a mile long and frankly I expected to see a terminal speed closer to 200? :shrug:

uumm. i saw 179mph. I am sure, if he would have kept going, it would have picked some more.

I personally could careless what the top speed is, how quick you get to 170+mph is what matters to me!

Users who are viewing this thread