Not another thread about Coil-Overs!

Bosko

Established Member
Ok... I am really itching to do something with my cars suspension. I want the car to be a little lower but I mostly want to get rid of the damn wheel hop but also have it drive nice at the same time.

Would it be "Stupid" just to install Coil Overs in the Rear? (MM Rear kit) Or at least untill i decide to do the front also...

Can anyone with coil overs comment on the wheel hop?

bborder

Established Member
Unless you change the shocks along with the springs, I'm confident you will still have some degree of wheel hop even with the coil over kit. I kept my stock shocks/struts and just went with the coil over kit. With my spring selection, the stock shocks seem a bit underdampened. I'm debating going with a firmer valved shock. Car rides good though and looks badass with the lowered stance. I liked being able to adjust it to the ride-height of my choice.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but I don't see a problem with only doing springs and shocks in the back other then it will be a comprimise trying to balance the car out without changing the front rates. If you do it I would suggest going to the 00R spec shocks also.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Originally posted by bborder
Unless you change the shocks along with the springs, I'm confident you will still have some degree of wheel hop even with the coil over kit. I kept my stock shocks/struts and just went with the coil over kit. With my spring selection, the stock shocks seem a bit underdampened. I'm debating going with a firmer valved shock. Car rides good though and looks badass with the lowered stance. I liked being able to adjust it to the ride-height of my choice.

I understand you can send them to Bilstein to be rebuilt and revalved for $50 each. Much cheaper than new shocks/struts.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra03
I understand you can send them to Bilstein to be rebuilt and revalved for $50 each. Much cheaper than new shocks/struts.

They also need to be grooved and reinforcement weld them for the coil-over which I think is $20/each. It is easier to just buy the 00R spec Bilsteins shocks which are only 108/each at MM and rear coil-over together and they will groove and weld them, I think it was free if you ordered together, if your car is a daily driver it really is the only option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread