Note 8

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Looking at the Note 8 yesterday. That phone looks amazing! Just can't stand Samsung.

Oh well....
With the note 7 debacle and my personal experience with getting a busted s5 that Samsung would not fix, should try Samsung again?

I have had nothing but good things since my switch to the iPhone. However apple seams to be going back to their old look for the new phone or adding $200 more for full screen model that may not be out until dec.

Buy the only decent top line phone now(note 8) or wait for all the others to catch up?

Last edited:

SHOdown220

Established Member
I had the note 7 and absolutely loved it before I had to turn it in. I have the s7 edge now and it's been a good phone. I wish they would let previous note 7 owners upgrade early to the note 8 and I would get it.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
SHOdown if you were a Note 7 owner you get priority shipping and discounts on the 8 when you pre-order. You have to trade in your current device to get the $425 credit. The S7E qualifies as one of the eligible phones for the trade in credit. Just make sure the screen doesn't have any crscks or else they'll only give you $25 for it.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
True, I often charge my phone while having the headphones / aux cord connected though. I'm a big user of the stylus too. I'll give the Note 8 a shot, especially with the discount. TouchWiz is supposed to be a lot better now, but I'll probably be installing Nova launcher on day 1. If the Pixel 2 XL ends up with a headphone jack, I'll be tempted to trade up. Most sources say no jack though. You going Pixel or iPhone?

VegasMichael

Established Member
My Note 4 still works fine. Then again I only use it when I'm out of town which is maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Every time I turn it on there's like 400 updates it has to do.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
True, I often charge my phone while having the headphones / aux cord connected though. I'm a big user of the stylus too. I'll give the Note 8 a shot, especially with the discount. TouchWiz is supposed to be a lot better now, but I'll probably be installing Nova launcher on day 1. If the Pixel 2 XL ends up with a headphone jack, I'll be tempted to trade up. Most sources say no jack though. You going Pixel or iPhone?

I'll probably go iPhone because my family has iPhones and I like the face time feature for my daughter. Makes it easy for her to talk to everyone.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I pre-ordered one the note 7 was awesome when I changed the launcher to Sense like HTC phones. The new phone let's you move the back button to the left side where it is on all other Android devices aside Samsung. I've loved HTC but after the 10 they have gone a way I don't care for.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm out of country and took a paid off phone but only 16gb that's filled. I need something bigger.

Buy a used phone wait for the other phones to come out. Or choose what's available today?

My fear is i8 with infinity screen won't be out for a while.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Wait for a deal. My Note 4 has a battery issue in regards to the phone, not the removal battery. Back in late June there was a great deal on the S8. All said and done I paid about $430 for it brand new from Samsung.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Previous Note 7 owners, myself included, had an loyalty offer from Samsung to get a Note 8 for $495 with trade in. The offer expired on 8/30. I didn't see any reason to upgrade from my S7 Edge.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have an S8+. If the Note 8 had been confirmed when I got it, I would've waited. But I am very happy with my S8+!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Big phones coming soon, I would wait and see how they are before you make a decision.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine's out for delivery, got held up in Kentucky when the B757 aircraft had some mechanical issues...
"it's not a jinks from the note 7..." o_O

Users who are viewing this thread