• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

NRA

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Weather Man, May 14, 2019.

1. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you talking about the American Rifleman that falls under the NRA?

Bumpstocks...the issue is the same as giving up a hanger to perform an abortion. They provided little accuracy but accomplished something that usually costs far more money and falls under government control.

The Tax Stamp Act... is your concern marijuana related?

Defending the existence of the NRA is helpful to the cause. Consider here would abortion be without Planned Parenthood. Continued child extraction/skull crushing would be difficult without them and they continue to carry Roe V Wade forward.

2. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Regulates MG and silencers. Remember the Hearing Protection Act? Also national reciprocity was a big issue that went....nowhere. Also eliminating gun free zones in school areas and on military bases went.....nowhere.

If the interests of NRA leadership were aligned with its members politicians would be held accountable for these false promises.

3. DaleM

DaleM T$45GOATMAGAMen Established Member

sounds like union bosses. Thank goodness that fraud got nipped in the bud.

Klaus likes this.
  4. Klaus

Now DJT is talking about banning suppressors

Trump Expresses Concern About Gun Silencers in Wake of Virginia Shooting

I wish I could find footage of it but he held speeches during the campaign about how getting rid of stamp on these was a day 1 EO.

If he was dem, NRA and its members would be screaming bloody murder about how he wants to take our guns away...

5. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

Fairly well. I don't live in a communist State, yet.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

6. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Mass shootings test power of an NRA in turmoil

The NRA is “not as powerful” as it was, Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.), who co-authored a bipartisan background checks bill with Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.), said in a phone interview with The Hill on Monday.

A former House Homeland Security Committee chairman, King argued that if President Trump tried to push gun control legislation through Congress now, the NRA “won’t be as effective” in stopping him.

“The president, who is a great dealmaker, knows how to go for people’s weak points, and if the NRA ever had a weak point, it’s right now,” King said. “They are weakened. And all of us, including the president, should take advantage of that.”
    Anthony Scaramucci, Trump’s former communications director, said the string of NRA scandals has hobbled the group and sapped its influence, creating new chances for gun reformers to move long-idle bills through Congress — if Trump gets behind them.

“The NRA is basically an emperor without clothing right now,” Scaramucci told CNN on Monday. “The president could use his strength with the Republican Party and get something done on these gun control laws."

Guess we'll see if the Mooch and King are right about the NRA and influencing right now due to their internal issues.

7. Klaus

Personally I do not put a lot of stock in any of this. Scaramucci is an opportunistic hack that will say anything for attention. How does any of this make sense, gun owners are the bedrock of Trump supporters, what does he have to gain by alienating them? Gun owners are still a constituency whether or not the NRA exists.

gimmie11s, shurur and CGLhawk260 like this.
  8. shurur

shurur Well-Known Member Established Member

Lots of folks still see guns as a defense against an attack of LIFE, LIMB or...dare I say...yes...something the justice system continually tries to legally separate us from...PROPERTY.

I still remember how the NRA did nothing for me when I was arrested, jailed and trialed for defending myself on my own property. And did nothing for me after I prevailed at trial against four felony charges.

IMHO..The Folks don't need the NRA.