NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

Svt4ever22

Established Member
All I said was, look at 50bmg exit wounds.

The energy any centerfire rifle round carries at that velocity is going to do more than poke holes.

View attachment 1449992

It's the most plausible solution IMO, even though it sounds crazy. There's hardly anything between the eyes and the eyes themselves won't stop anything. There's already an entrance and an exit. It's not like shooting a blunt object. It could have just been a lucky shot.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's the most plausible solution IMO, even though it sounds crazy. There's hardly anything between the eyes and the eyes themselves won't stop anything. There's already an entrance and an exit. It's not like shooting a blunt object. It could have just been a lucky shot.
The chances of that happening are slim. Even though a bullet carrying enough velocity to rip them out without contact is slim as well, that is more plausible then being able to pass a .50 through two eyes without causing extreme external damage. The most plausible case is that it is a hoax then.

Edit: after watching it again, he did have a good shot at the profile of the head to hit the eye, but Im not sure this guy pull that off

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Okay... I'm going to help you guys out on this deer/50 BMG thing.

First. Below are two pictures of a skull of a mule deer. You can see the eyes are perfectly opposed on the head. Also, just like humans... the deer's sinuses and nasal passages are connected to the eye sockets and ear canals. It is part of how mammals get their sense of balance.

Deer1.jpg

Deer2.jpg

This is relevant for several reasons. One is, it is very easy to have the bullet enter one eye and exit the other. Especially a very fast, very heavy bullet. Keep in mind, a 50 BMG is a hard target firearm. Anti-vehicle, shoot through walls, stop machinery, etc. So, on a soft target at close range, the round is not going to start to expand as it passes through the deer's skull. There is not enough resistance.

Now, some things to tie together the idea that the bullet went in one eye and out the other...

The shooter said he could have swore he had a perfect head-shot. Now, any seasoned shooter is not going to completely blow a perfect head-shot.

Next, you can see that the shooter had a perfect profile of the deer's head. This would allow the perfect angle to have the round pass clean through each eye socket.

deerprofile.jpg

If you look at the assumed entrance socket, there is no blood on the fur. If the eye was sucked out, there would be material traces... but there are none.

EntranceEye.jpg

Now, if you look at this picture, showing the assumed exit side, you can very clearly see that there is bulging in the forehead of skull. There is also obvious blood and matter around the eye socket, nose and mouth.

A skull won't fracture and balloon outward from a bullet "passing by".

DeerExit.jpg

Now... in this picture, there is zero vapor trail heading to the deer, but you can very clearly see the bullet and material trail exiting the side of the deer's head.

materialtrail.jpg

Here is another picture where you can clearly see the bullet as it moves from the right side of the screen to the left... and the material trail following it. The reason the deer head didn't explode due to the pressure is because the pressure vented out the nose and mouth.

deerbullet.jpg

If you watch the video at 4:55, the producer ran the video in slow motion... you can see the flight path and the bullet for yourself. Its pretty easy to see.

I'm sorry to say, though I was not there nor did I inspect the deer, it seems pretty obvious that shot was a through and true head-shot. In one eye and out the other.

Now... if the deer's head was squared off with the shooter and the bullet went "only" into the cranial area, the head would have exploded like the image below. Only because the only way for the pressure to vent would be to explode the head.

HoleIn1.jpg

As far as a bullet wizzing by and sucking your eyes out.... LOL. Not happening.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Okay... I'm going to help you guys out on this deer/50 BMG thing.

First. Below are two pictures of a skull of a mule deer. You can see the eyes are perfectly opposed on the head. Also, just like humans... the deer's sinuses and nasal passages are connected to the eye sockets and ear canals. It is part of how mammals get their sense of balance.

View attachment 1450032

View attachment 1450033

This is relevant for several reasons. One is, it is very easy to have the bullet enter one eye and exit the other. Especially a very fast, very heavy bullet. Keep in mind, a 50 BMG is a hard target firearm. Anti-vehicle, shoot through walls, stop machinery, etc. So, on a soft target at close range, the round is not going to start to expand as it passes through the deer's skull. There is not enough resistance.

Now, some things to tie together the idea that the bullet went in one eye and out the other...

The shooter said he could have swore he had a perfect head-shoot. Now, any seasoned shooter is not going to completely blow a perfect head-shot.

Next, you can see that the shooter had a perfect profile of the deer's head. This would allow the perfect angle to have the round pass clean through each eye socket.

View attachment 1450034

If you look at the assumed entrance socket, there is no blood on the fur. If the eye was sucked out, there would be material traces... but there are none.

View attachment 1450035

Now, if you look at this picture, showing the assumed exit side, you can very clearly see that there is bulging in the forehead of skull. There is also obvious blood and matter around the eye socket, nose and mouth.

A skull won't fracture and balloon outward from a bullet "passing by".

View attachment 1450036

Now... in this picture, there is zero vapor trail heading to the deer, but you can very clearly see the bullet and material trail exiting the side of the deer's head.

View attachment 1450037

Here is another picture where you can clearly see the bullet as it moves from the right side of the screen to the left... and the material trail following it. The reason the deer head didn't explode due to the pressure is because the pressure vented out the nose and mouth.

View attachment 1450038

If you watch the video at 4:55, the producer ran the video in slow motion... you can see the flight path and the bullet for yourself. Its pretty easy to see.

I'm sorry to say, though I was not there nor did I inspect the deer, it seems pretty obvious that shot was a through and true head-shot. In one eye and out the other.

Now... if the deer's head was squared off with the shooter and the bullet went "only" into the cranial area, the head would have exploded like the image below. Only because the only way for the pressure to vent would be to explode the head.

View attachment 1450039

As far as a bullet wizzing by and sucking your eyes out.... LOL. Not happening.
Your explanation is believable. I'll concede lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
1ninetymilesmDJAn1uq649bo1_400.jpg

Attachments

• 1ninetymilesmDJAn1uq649bo1_400.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 234
  • 1ninetymilesmDJAn1uq649bo1_400.jpg