ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

giphy.gif

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Much respect to your Dad 03Sssnake. Those Vietnam Vets were/are a different kind of people. Dad didn’t talk often about the jungle but when he did it was a doozy. His story on Tet was chilling.

Ft. Campbell home of 101st Airborne flew Hueys for a long time after Vietnam. They would fly over the house and you could tell it would still really bother him so many years later.

My father says very little as well. He got in country soon after Tet and was there for mini tet. He still doesn’t sleep well, I remember as kid him walking around the house in middle of the night checking doors, locks etc. My uncle Gwen flew Huey’s and after the war flew for PHI Petroleum Helicopters.

The old man got amoebic dysentery or something like during his 2nd tour, it almost killed him and that was it for him, ticket home.

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
Much respect to your Dad 03Sssnake. Those Vietnam Vets were/are a different kind of people. Dad didn’t talk often about the jungle but when he did it was a doozy. His story on Tet was chilling.

Ft. Campbell home of 101st Airborne flew Hueys for a long time after Vietnam. They would fly over the house and you could tell it would still really bother him so many years later.

My father didn’t talk to me at all about WW NAM until way after I’d been in the Army for a few years. When he did though, the stories were, sobering, to say the least.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My father says very little as well. He got in country soon after Tet and was there for mini tet. He still doesn’t sleep well, I remember as kid him walking around the house in middle of the night checking doors, locks etc. My uncle Gwen flew Huey’s and after the war flew for PHI Petroleum Helicopters.

The old man got amoebic dysentery or something like during his 2nd tour, it almost killed him and that was it for him, ticket home.

You could always tell the non Vietnam kids growing up. They would always sneak out of the house and the like. Nothing of like at my house. I would have been caught thinking about which window or door. Swear he was still living in the bush. He was always ready to kill Charlie without any notice.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You could always tell the non Vietnam kids growing up. They would always sneak out of the house and the like. Nothing of like at my house. I would have been caught thinking about which window or door. Swear he was still living in the bush. He was always ready to kill Charlie without any notice.

There definitely wasn't any ****ery afoot at our house.

Users who are viewing this thread