NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

jenkins_1120

Established Member
fcceaa2a3205720588e07f8fb4ba21a7.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
I wish someone would make one of these neato muticolored charts that list actual cash values instead of just naming something according to some never specified standard.

How many dollars do I need to be considered in the top 20%. The top 10%. The top 5%. And the ultimate buck up group.

I can't gloat unless I have the numbers to back my obnoxiousness up.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
I wish someone would make one of these neato muticolored charts that list actual cash values instead of just naming something according to some never specified standard.

How many dollars do I need to be considered in the top 20%. The top 10%. The top 5%. And the ultimate buck up group.

I can't gloat unless I have the numbers to back my obnoxiousness up.

for 30+ years since we had a "War on Poverty" the Left have had no answer that impowers the bottom 20% to make themselves better other than to confiscate it from the 80%.. look up those old Milton Freidman and Thomas Sowell videos on youtube..

Imatk

Established Member
Those political comments are REALLY funny... please feel free to go elsewhere and talk until you're blue in the face to NOT convince anyone of your point of view.... most inane waste of energy on earth.

So back to funny stuff.... or an attempt at it... here's a dude getting a flap dance!

FlapDance.jpg

wheelspin

Established Member
Sorry, I don't want to continue the politics... and there are none intended here.

I just wanted to answer oldmodman: (It's also interesting, if not funny...)taxes.JPG

mnewxcv

Established Member
Holy shit those are some narrow ass margins. Seriously $464,682 puts you in the top 1%? That really isn't a lot.

I guess. It's the same as saying 99% of people make less than $464,682. Which, if you grab a hundred people nearby, 1 of them will make that much or more. I don't know how the jobs in Denver are, but that seems pretty reasonable to me.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Sorry, I don't want to continue the politics... and there are none intended here.

I just wanted to answer oldmodman: (It's also interesting, if not funny...)View attachment 53034

his question was about wealth - not income

Holy shit those are some narrow ass margins. Seriously $464,682 puts you in the top 1%? That really isn't a lot.

Keep in mind that is AGI - gross could be 100K or more above that. Depending on how good your accountant is :)

wheelspin

Established Member
The key difference is a lot of politicians are quoting wealth, and some are quoting income. This is income.
That is a very key difference. You can be very, very, wealthy, and have very little actual income... Warren Buffett is worth something on the order of $74 billion for example, and his salary has been $100,000 for the past 25 years. But capital gains are another matter entirely for him. He gets $8-10 million a year or so in stock options and benefits. And the appreciation of his shares in Berkshire Hathaway is where all of his $74 billion came from of course. $100k vs millions vs billions depending on how you view it.

One way or the other, politicians are *always* steering the conversation by skewing how they talk about the data to accomplish their goals\ideology.

Anyway, when looking at it from a net worth consideration, it looks like this:
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

wheelspin

Established Member
You need $100,000,000 to crack the top 0.01%. I read recently that it isn't the top 20%, the top 10%, or even the top 1% that skews the net worth wealth inequality charts in the manner that has generated all of the discussion lately in politics.
The bottom 99% hasn't radically changed in it's distribution of the "pie" if you will. They are roughly divided in similar percentages to what they have historically been for much of the last century.

It's the 0.01 percenters that are radically skewing the graphs. The top 16,000 families own as much in net worth as the bottom 2/3s of the country. Much of that disparancy has come recently, since the market crash. While most of the rest of the pie chart has stagnated or even lost some ground, the top .01% has done very, very, well from a net worth growth standpoint.

Anyway, enough serious type crap outta me. Show me the funny. :)

Users who are viewing this thread