NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

StreetRaceGN

Established Member
Damaged or cracked casing that peeled after firing? Not something you really ever see but that's what I would imagine had to have occurred for that to happen. Were they reloads?
That's what I was thinking. During the 2020 ammo shortage, a friend picked up a box of cheap no name 9mm. Brass was all screwed up, cartridge length was even off on a few. One did something similar to what was posted above, brass was out of round. Wound up living dangerously, pulled the bullet and resized the primed brass on the rest of that box and the other box he bought.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
FDF4508D-4EB4-4845-93C2-96F9F6D9F2BF.jpeg

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
if the wind is strong enough some planes can fly and maintain altitude at zero ground speed :D
Or negative groundspeed "relatively safely" if you are in a "floater*" and the wind is really cooking below 4k feet.
(*Aeronca 7AC Champ and other fabric planes like the Piper Cub)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Wrong

Why do you think they tie smaller aircraft down on the tarmac at airfields/airports?

*edit* treed with response but I provide video evidence :D

Lift which is not tied to thrust. The ground speed was due to the treadmill argument which makes no mention of wind speed.

If you are running on a treadmill, there is no wind speed unless there is a fan or you are outside therefor no lift can be achieved.

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
You have to have ground speed for lift. Lift creates flight. If it only took thrust then cars would constantly fly at drag racing, half mile, and one mile events.

Picture it....sicily 2004
We took off in a P3 from NAS Sigonella and were flying home to Maine. We reached our cruising altitude of 250 (thats 25k) our indicated air speed was 480ish kts over southern france but our ground speed was less that 130kts....i was acrually 110kts...why was that?

Ground speed and airspeed arent the same...indicated air speed is everthing

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Picture it....sicily 2004
We took off in a P3 from NAS Sigonella and were flying home to Maine. We reached our cruising altitude of 250 (thats 25k) our indicated air speed was 480ish kts over southern france but our ground speed was less that 130kts....i was acrually 110kts...why was that?

Ground speed and airspeed arent the same...indicated air speed is everthing

I’m pretty sure planes weren’t invented back then.

You lost me at knots. If I can’t make something into MPH without looking up a conversion on google, it’s foreign to me.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Lift which is not tied to thrust. The ground speed was due to the treadmill argument which makes no mention of wind speed.

If you are running on a treadmill, there is no wind speed unless there is a fan or you are outside therefor no lift can be achieved.

Damn man, I like you and I think you're good people. But, I dunno what is funnier, your memes or that you can't grasp that the plane would take off.

Side note, I'd drop this completely if I hadn't learned that continuing to post about this topic in this thread will generate pictures of smokeshows from out of the internet ether

Users who are viewing this thread