NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Img_2023_03_20_08_43_34.jpeg
Img_2023_03_20_08_43_59.jpeg

blownstang01

Established Member
****ing hell dude. I thought I was big time spending $6,500. I'll go sit down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I was lucky. At 16 years old I worked in a jewelry store. I did the engraving on the rings etc. The store I worked in put the custom build receipts in with all the rings paperwork. I saw rings that poor bastards had on layaway for their girl that cost the store like $200 sold for 5-6 THOUSAND! I learned real quick what mark-ups were on that crap. My wife's engagement ring cost me $400 and she's had the same one for 33 years now, of course a lot of that has to do with the girl ;)

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I was lucky. At 16 years old I worked in a jewelry store. I did the engraving on the rings etc. The store I worked in put the custom build receipts in with all the rings paperwork. I saw rings that poor bastards had on layaway for their girl that cost the store like $200 sold for 5-6 THOUSAND! I learned real quick what mark-ups were on that crap. My wife's engagement ring cost me $400 and she's had the same one for 33 years now, of course a lot of that has to do with the girl ;)

I had my wife sell her rings from her first wedding to help pay for her new ring :D

Zemedici

Established Member
My first engagement ring I purchased was $26,500. The second one, $2,500.

Even though my 2nd wife is worth a billion times more than my ex wife....I wasn't about to spend that much on one again.

My only one was $12,000.

If this one don’t work out, there won’t be a 2nd. Hahahahaaha

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife picked out her ring and it was only $2500 but it does not look cheap at all

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So are you just out thousands of dollars in engagement rings or do you keep using the same one?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I learned after the first 2 that kept them..

I spent less than $1000 on this last one, and told her it can easily be upgraded. **** that shit.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just proposed on 2/21 (her birthday) after 8.5 years together. I was the guy who always said he'd never get married, but here I am. I don't think I need to explain the "why" to any of you since most of you have gone down the same road. lol $8k on the ring and so far all her pals have drooled over it. A couple even said it makes their rings look like shit. It can be upgraded, but honestly she's pretty small so a rock any bigger would look gaudy on her finger IMO, hence why I chose the one I did.

I find myself laughing inside about this whole engagement process. The guy has all the pressure trying to pick out the right ring. Then he spends a bunch of cash on said ring. Then he has to come up with a proposal plan and execute it, knowing he'll be subject to ridicule if the plan is cheesy (big thanks to modern society/women/social media & the resulting expectations). Then, assuming it all goes successfully, within 5min post proposal, he's in the shadows as if he hasn't been 99% responsible for the engagement in the first place. On top of that, people start dropping off engagement gifts for the bride, but many of them have my last name or initial on them. WTF? That's still my name, not hers yet. lol At least bring me a case of beer along with whatever stupid girly shit you brought for her...with my name on it. She thinks I'm butthurt about that when honestly I just think it's ironic. After all, I don't want a pint glass that says "Future Groom" or some dumb crap on it.

Sorry to further the derail. Carry on.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Just proposed on 2/21 (her birthday) after 8.5 years together. I was the guy who always said he'd never get married, but here I am. I don't think I need to explain the "why" to any of you since most of you have gone down the same road. lol $8k on the ring and so far all her pals have drooled over it. A couple even said it makes their rings look like shit. It can be upgraded, but honestly she's pretty small so a rock any bigger would look gaudy on her finger IMO, hence why I chose the one I did.

I find myself laughing inside about this whole engagement process. The guy has all the pressure trying to pick out the right ring. Then he spends a bunch of cash on said ring. Then he has to come up with a proposal plan and execute it, knowing he'll be subject to ridicule if the plan is cheesy (big thanks to modern society/women/social media & the resulting expectations). Then, assuming it all goes successfully, within 5min post proposal, he's in the shadows as if he hasn't been 99% responsible for the engagement in the first place. On top of that, people start dropping off engagement gifts for the bride, but many of them have my last name or initial on them. WTF? That's still my name, not hers yet. lol At least bring me a case of beer along with whatever stupid girly shit you brought for her...with my name on it. She thinks I'm butthurt about that when honestly I just think it's ironic. After all, I don't want a pint glass that says "Future Groom" or some dumb crap on it.

so tell her that her friends need to bring you shit too lolol

And i know what you mean, i did the whole book a private photographer to capture the moment (proposed to her on River street in Savannah) and everyone around us clapped, etc. Took months of coordination and i was ungodly nervous, gave myself a pep talk in the bathroom just prior. But all worth it in the end. She’ll remember the day forever, and the special moment is captured in the photos.

My brother was pissed cuz he proposes in his living room on Christmas, wearing sweat pants lmfao

My wife’s ring was 5x what my brother got his wife too.

His ex wife, excuse me ;)

blownstang01

Established Member

LOL, I gotta tell ya I'm the complete opposite. I went through all that up to when I proposed and then once I did, leave me TF alone. Let me know when and where to be for the ceremony . Didn't care about any of the gifts or her girlfriends nonsense.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
And i know what you mean, i did the whole book a private photographer to capture the moment (proposed to her on River street in Savannah) and everyone around us clapped, etc. Took months of coordination and i was ungodly nervous, gave myself a pep talk in the bathroom just prior. But all worth it in the end. She’ll remember the day forever, and the special moment is captured in the photos.
Her parents were there so her dad had his phone out and caught the whole thing. Venue wasn't what I had in mind, but if I didn't want to raise suspicions by opening my mouth about it.

LOL, I gotta tell ya I'm the complete opposite. I went through all that up to when I proposed and then once I did, leave me TF alone. Let me know when and where to be for the ceremony . Didn't care about any of the gifts or her girlfriends nonsense.
No no I'm with ya. I do not like recognition whatsoever. I just find it funny how different the whole thing is from the guy's perspective versus the lady's. They're all googly-eyed over the ring and stupid gifts whereas we're just glad it's over with. lol I wasn't trying to say that I wanted goodies, but I never turn down free beer. haha

Users who are viewing this thread