NX nitrous plate RPM problem

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
hey guys, so i installed a nitrous plate from NX and the RPMs immediately jumps to 3,000 rpms and just sits there. i uninstalled the plate and it idles fine. tried it several times and the RPMs still stay at 3,000rpms with the plate installed. it has the gasket on both sides. i called NX about it and they dont know.

any help would be great, thanks.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Go back over your work. Recheck tps voltage.

Someone help me understand why people keep buying these plate kits. They're not needed at all, offer zero advantages over a nozzle until you start shooting upwards of 250-300 and the only one I saw on here (an sn95 4v) that had a dyno vid it didn't make good numbers or run hard.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Go back over your work. Recheck tps voltage.

Someone help me understand why people keep buying these plate kits. They're not needed at all, offer zero advantages over a nozzle until you start shooting upwards of 250-300 and the only one I saw on here (an sn95 4v) that had a dyno vid it didn't make good numbers or run hard.

well ill be going to 250 later on. so i just got the plate kit now.

Explosive

Established Member
Yea you're not spraying 250 through that intake.

I switched to a nitrous outlet plate after suggested a nozzle location that caused much puddling in the tube and plent of tuning issues. Long story shot without totally smashing NX, I switched over to N20utlet and am very happy, customer service is much better as well IMO.

Plate isnt actually on my car yet though

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Yea you're not spraying 250 through that intake.

I switched to a nitrous outlet plate after suggested a nozzle location that caused much puddling in the tube and plent of tuning issues. Long story shot without totally smashing NX, I switched over to N20utlet and am very happy, customer service is much better as well IMO.
K
Plate isnt actually on my car yet though
IIRC, wasnt your nozzle was just past the maf? If so, thats not the correct location. Right before the tb and there should never be an issue with pudding, provided youre using a window switch set to open at a reasonable engine speed. Sucks to hear about your issue with nx, but I don't think it was an nx problem. Just my .02. Sub-par customer service is bs though and I won't stand for it either. Glad the outlet got you hooked up.

Explosive

Established Member
Essentially it was too far down the cold air tube, thus the puddling. But that placement was per their recommendation so.

Users who are viewing this thread